Texas Hunting Forum

Problem ELDX 7mm08

Posted By: GLC

Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/03/18 07:34 PM

Next weird thing found. A couple of weeks ago I tried to workup a 7mmo8 load with 150 ELDX, could not find a good group. Went back to try 162 ELDX, could not get a good group also. Went broad spectrum with both 150 and 162 staying within .3 grains of powder 37 to 42. Had a few rounds left from last years workup so I shot off 5 rounds just for grins since I was already bummed out. Shot at a 3/4 inch barcode on a target so I wasn't necessarily holding the best I could possibly do. Shot real good with old loads so I went back home and loaded what I thought would be the exact replica of what I just shot. Same powder, same COAL to Ogive, same primer same gun, same everything only difference was 162 AMAX was last years load vs the new 162 ELDX. The only thing was last years workup the distance to Ogive was incorrect, old load was measuring at 80 thousands off off the rifling vs my regular 20 that I normally do. But since the old load shot so well I loaded the ELDX the same 80 thousands off to keep them the same. Groupings were all over the place again with best group at 1" or better. So my question is is there any difference between AMAX vs the ELDX at the same grain?

Pic is a 5 shot group at 100 yards, top hole is my 300 win mag.

Posted By: J.G.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/03/18 08:20 PM

I assume you meant stepping in .3 gr increments?

What I would do:

Clean the barrel.
Make sure everything is tight.
Find the rifling, and set .005" off the lands.
Find the best powder charge.
Then test bullet jump in .005" increments.

I understand wanting to shortcut your way to a good load, but this rifle is telling you, you have to start over with the new bullet.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/03/18 09:52 PM

Sorry, yes in .3 grain intervals.

Was afraid of that.

talked a little to Chad about this a couple of weeks ago trying to brainstorm. Shot barrel from dirty to literally stripping all copper out. No change.
Found rifling previously and have checked multiple times to to see if I was just missing something, started at .020 but will back down to .005. At .020 pretty well all charges I tried sucked. Closest I got was about 1 MOA. This thing used to shoot 1 holers at 100 yards that is why this is so frustrating.

Everything tight, checked twice.
Changed scopes, both SWFA and they have no issue on my 300 win mag.
This is on a chassis so it is sound
Barrel only has about 600 rounds in it, I don't shoot hot loads, I keep it from 2500 to 2600 from what Lyman and powder sites tell me but don't have a chrono.

Guess I will just start over.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/03/18 10:15 PM

What powder?
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/03/18 10:48 PM

I had something like that once a few years ago, and it turned out I had pushed the shoulders back on my brass way too far. I never did figure out for sure why the adjustment of my sizing die got diddled the way it did, but I have a theory. No matter.

Have you looked at concentricity? Another idea, maybe you're brass needs to be annealed?

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/03/18 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
What powder?

IMR 4064

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/03/18 10:59 PM

I use Lee dies, full size each firing, trim for length, de-burr, and load, fire three times then anneal.
Maybe I need to try another set of dies?

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/03/18 11:05 PM

I don't see why they wouldn't work now if they were working before.

How are you weighing out your powder?

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/03/18 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider
I don't see why they wouldn't work now if they were working before.

How are you weighing out your powder?

Electronic scale, GemPro 250, and then verifying it on the beam scale from time to time. It is spot on each time.

I even took a couple of rounds apart from last year that shot good and they weighed correctly as what I had marked them.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/03/18 11:45 PM

This is what it used to do.

This is what it is doing now

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/03/18 11:57 PM

39.0 to 41.0 of H-Varget, and .005" off was where I was going. I know it is temp stable, don't know about the other. And in this case, temp stable not worrying about over-pressure, but the opposite.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 01:15 AM

Easy fix for me...shoot the Amax and forget the Eldx.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Judd

162 A-Max is out of production. He's gotta convert at some point.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 02:06 AM

Yep, i dont have any more amax.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Judd

162 A-Max is out of production. He's gotta convert at some point.

I knew they aren't making them but i bet you could find and buy enough to burn that barrel up. Too many guys think the eld is good and selling their amax.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 12:28 PM

There’s a lot of Amax still out there.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 02:24 PM

I don't shoot either of those bullets, so I wouldn't know this...but could there be enough difference in the profiles that the ELD is being seated by meplat contact? I know they're plastic tips, but if that's happening then you might be getting enough inconsistency in seating depth to give you problems. I can't think of anything else being the possible cause except that you may well just have to wipe the slate clean and start all over to get the ELD to shoot.

I was thinking about laying in some 53-grain V-Max the other day. They seem to be unavailable, but Midway doesn't show them to be discontinued. I found plenty of them on Gunbroker and not unreasonably priced. I looked to see about the 162 A-Max, and it's a different story altogether. You MIGHT be able to find some, but I don't have any idea where.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 02:32 PM

I do have ONE more idea, but I dunno if you'd want to pursue it. If you have enough of the old A-Max loads left, you could disassemble five of them, then rebuild them from the beginning to see if they'll shoot the same. I have no idea what might turn up, but that way you would absolutely KNOW that your loading equipment and procedures don't have a bug of some kind. I think that would pretty much eliminate all the possibilities except for the fact that the ELD is a different bullet. I know that if one fellow makes the switch from A-Max to ELD-whatever and doesn't have to tune anything, he's going to be tempted to declare that you can just switch between those two bullets as a rule. It just may not be true in every rifle, and that is something that would be very hard to know.
Posted By: dee

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 03:14 PM

My batches of 162 Amax and 162 Eld-m are identical in measurements.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 04:19 PM

Just measured.

162 gr A-Max

base to tip: 1.430"
base to ogive: 0.733"

162 gr ELD-X

base to tip: 1.471"
base to ogive: 0.821"

ELD-X is 0.041" longer over-all, 0.088" longer base to ogive.

Same caliber, same weight, significantly longer in all respects.

Gary, looks like a new bullet to me, and you're going to have to start over. From what I have seen, shooting both, they tend to do well on near the same charge of H-Varget.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 04:20 PM

Also, the tips won't melt like the AMAX. peep

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 08:17 PM

Just measured.

162 gr A-Max

base to tip: 1.430"
base to ogive: 0.733"

162 gr ELD-X

base to tip: 1.471"
base to ogive: 0.821"

ELD-X is 0.041" longer over-all, 0.088" longer base to ogive.

Same caliber, same weight, significantly longer in all respects.
T

Gary, looks like a new bullet to me, and you're going to have to start over. From what I have seen, shooting both, they tend to do well on near the same charge of H-Varget.

Guessing since bullet is longer i will be going down in charge weight?

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/04/18 08:44 PM

Nah.

38.4 up to 41.0 gr. Find which one shoots well, and does not over-pressure.

This is where the Ladder Test is handy.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/06/18 02:05 PM

Did you get this figured out? I can mail you 30-40 162 Amax if you want to try your old load to eliminate any other possible issues.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/06/18 04:49 PM

Not as of yet, may take you up on that. By any chance coming to the Hunters Challenge next month?

JG got me thinking when he measured the 162 Amax vs the Eldx and found they were different dimensions to the Ogive. I started measuring different bullets to see if any others that I had measured close to what the 162 Amax does. Found that the 150 Eldx is pretty well exact match to the Ogive as the 162 Amax. The 162 Amax is just overall longer past the Ogive. So, looking at what had been the most consistent charge with the 162 Amax that I had previously, and putting the jump at 40 thousands like the previous charge was and then looking at different load charts with 150 vs 162 weights, I came up with somewhat an educated guess where the powder may be at. I know a lot of guessing but we will see what happens.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/06/18 06:54 PM

I was considering the Hunters Challenge but don’t have a rifle ready to go. Starting load development now on the 6.5x55.

I typed a bunch of stuff about the 150 Eldx vs the 162 Amax. Then realized I didn’t have a clue what I was talking about. Just guessing.

If you decide you want the 162 Amax let me know. They were used for initial load development and when I bought bulk it was a different lot # so these 30-40 are just hanging around for nothing.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/06/18 07:21 PM

Sent you a pm

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/06/18 07:38 PM

Gary,

You giving up on the 162 ELD-X?

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/06/18 10:04 PM

No sir, at least not forever. Just to curb my curiosity for now, I am going to try the 150 Eldx first since the Ogive on the 162 Amax and the 150 Eldx are identical..

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/07/18 02:18 AM

You ever need to sell them, I'm a buyer.

I'm about to test the 150's in 7mm-08 A.I. fire forming, and on formed brass just because I want the knowledge.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/07/18 03:36 AM

I can bring them to you next month. If i can get the 150s to shoot i i may just stay with them.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/07/18 03:37 AM

Be sure and let me know how many you have, so I'll have the right amount of cash to hand you.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/07/18 12:36 PM

Ok, no problem.
Can you also PM me the details on memberships?

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/14/18 07:14 PM

WP75169 sent me some more 162 Amax's, going to verify that they work as well as my old loads/workups. If they do, all of my load info and tools are correct, but will have to do a totally different load workup for the ELDX since they are a different length.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 12:44 AM

Ok, so nothing wrong with my equipment or my load process. Loaded up 5 rounds of 162 Amax with old load parimeters and it shot like old times. One flyer #5 but 4 in the middle at 100 yards. Played with the 150 also today with similiar loads that should have worked but no joy. Is anyone shooting the 162 or 150 ELDX 7mm and getting groups between .25 and .5 MOA? What are your loads and jump numbers?

Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 01:39 AM

GLC, you need to start from scratch whenever you change bullets to find the combination your rifle likes. I can tell by your posts that you are fond of your A max load. It does not apply to the new bullet in your rifle.. Each rifle is a rule unto its self. If I were trying to get the new longer bullet shooting, I would cautiously work my charges up and watch till it either started shooting or I found the maximum charge. A little more velocity/faster spin may tighten up the longer bullet with more bearing surface. The bottom line is your best odds to find out what it likes, is a thorough load workup, rather than burn components on someone else's load. I have not had much luck dialing in a load any other way. Successful load development is the most rewarding part of handloading for me. Good luck working it out.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 01:52 AM

One other thought came to mind after I submitted my post. If you have not found the COAL to the lands with your new bullet, it would be worth doing. Bummer they DC'd your bullet. It sucks when that happens.
Posted By: cblackall

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 04:24 AM

Why not give the 162 ELD-M a try? I shoot them in my 7-08 with great results. Terminal performance should be the same as the AMAX. I killed five animals with mine last year. Two coyotes at 87 and 220 yds, cow elk at 300 yds, and two whitetail both around 60 yds. None took a single step. The profile is different from the ELD-X looking at the two bullets side by side, though I haven’t measured them against the AMAX.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 01:46 PM

Not worried about terminal performance on tbis one. This is all about accuracy for target punching. I am just wondering if any one has achieved the kind of accuracy/precision i am looking for with the eldx or the eldm.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 02:43 PM

I don’t understand what the issue is or what you’re trying to accomplish or what another bullet has to do with it. It’s a new bullet, work up a load for it. What am I missing?

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: GLC
Not worried about terminal performance on tbis one. This is all about accuracy for target punching. I am just wondering if any one has achieved the kind of accuracy/precision i am looking for with the eldx or the eldm.

I was trying to get a photo to upload from my phone, but it’s not working anymore due to format. I’m getting roughly half MOA, 5 shot groups from mine. I’m loading to 2.860”, which is jumping around .075 thousandths in my rifle. The accuracy can be had, but like Sneaky said. There’s no guarantee when switching bullets, and working up a new load is still your best bet. The ELD-M will be the closest thing you’re going to find to the AMAX, unless you run across a stockpile.
Posted By: TackDriver

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 03:08 PM

ELD M and ELD X are accurate bullets for hunting and target. Best you do a load development to see what your rifle likes. Try different powders, change of primers, bullet seating depths, etc. Pet loads from others don't make your rifle accurate, you do especially if you using a new bullet, like Smokey says.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
I don’t understand what the issue is or what you’re trying to accomplish or what another bullet has to do with it. It’s a new bullet, work up a load for it. What am I missing?

Exactly, what am I missing? I have tried multiple powder charges with multiple seating depts with little or no accuracy changes. For some reason I cannot get this ELDX bullet to fly constantly for precision. That is the issue. I have not had that problem in the past with the Amax in 7mm 162 in my 7mm08 or in my win mag. What I am trying to accomplish is to rule out as many variable as possible before I chuck this bullet. So you do have this bullet shooting .25 to .5 MOA consistently in 7mm? Please post pics.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: TackDriver
ELD M and ELD X are accurate bullets for hunting and target. Best you do a load development to see what your rifle likes. Try different powders, change of primers, bullet seating depths, etc. Pet loads from others don't make your rifle accurate, you do especially if you using a new bullet, like Smokey says.

Yes I understand and have worked for about 5 months trying different load work ups. I have gone through about 400 rounds of 150 and 162 ELDX and a bunch of powder. I understand, what shoots in another rifle will not probably work in mine, I get it but who is getting consistent precision with this bullet in .25 to .50? Pics please.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: GLC

Yes I understand and have worked for about 5 months trying different load work ups. I have gone through about 400 rounds of 150 and 162 ELDX and a bunch of powder. I understand, what shoots in another rifle will not probably work in mine, I get it but who is getting consistent precision with this bullet in .25 to .50? Pics please.

The 178 grain ELD M and X shot very well in my .308, consistent .25 MOA at 300 yards or less with Varget. I have not tried the ELD in the 300 Win Mag since my 180 Accubonds shoots a tight load of half an inch at 300 yards with RL-22, so I won't waste time with an ELD for that rifle. I would try ELD soon in my 6.5 Creedmoor but using the 140 Berger which shoots awesome too. The top 3 pictures are 100 yard groups in the .308 with 178 ELD, the last picture is @ 300 yards with the 178 ELD-X and Varget. Two powders works very well with the ELD in the .308

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 06:21 PM

Thank you for sharing your pics. Load looks great. I have been able to get a good load workup for my 300 win mag with the 178 ELDX just having a problem with either the 150 or 162 ELDX in the 7mm. I am also using IMR 4064. Maybe I am running just too slow for what they need. Guess I will try that next before i throw in the towel. Maybe they just need to be spun a lot faster compared to the Amax.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 07:24 PM

What powders have you tried with the 162 and did you start low and work up to max?

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 08:08 PM

Varget and IMR 4064, these two have always been pretty good in the past. From the bottom to past the top, over pressure. From .010 off lands to .090 off lands.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 08:23 PM

Has anyone else associated this with the 162s being on clearance? That’s not a good sign for this new bullet in general. I never saw Amax marked “clearance” until they were a history lesson.

In fact Amax last sold at MidwayUSA for $29.99. The Eldx are now at $19.63

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 08:33 PM

Both are logical choices in 7-08. If you found something that showed promise experiment with primers. If not then eliminate those two. They are pretty close on the burn chart. There are atleast 20 powders that will work. Either IMR or H 4350 or IMR 8208 XBR are good powders in 7-08. If I was looking for match grade accuracy they are where I would look next.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 09:01 PM

Here is a QL of the 7-08 and 162 ELD-X, hope the selection of powders helps narrow your search.

Code:
Cartridge          : 7 mm-08 Rem.
Bullet             : .284, 162, Hornady ELD-X 2840 G7
Useable Case Capaci: 44.025 grain H2O = 2.858 cm³
Cartridge O.A.L. L6: 2.800 inch = 71.12 mm
Barrel Length      : 24.0 inch = 609.6 mm

Predicted Data for Indicated Charges of the Following Powders.
Matching Maximum Pressure: 60000 psi, or 413 MPa
or a maximum loading ratio or filling of 112 %
These calculations refer to your specified settings in QuickLOAD 'Cartridge Dimensions' window.
C A U T I O N : any load listed can result in a powder charge that falls below minimum suggested
loads or exceeds maximum suggested loads as presented in current handloading manuals. Understand
that all of the listed powders can be unsuitable for the given combination of cartridge, bullet
and gun. Actual load order can vary, depending upon lot-to-lot powder and component variations.
USE ONLY FOR COMPARISON !

2 loads produced a Loading Ratio below user-defined minimum of 90%. These powders have been skipped.
Powder type          Filling/Loading Ratio  Charge    Charge   Vel. Prop.Burnt P max  P muzz  B_Time
                                      %     Grains    Gramm   fps     %       psi     psi    ms
---------------------------------  -----------------------------------------------------------------
ReloadSwiss RS 60                  103.7     44.2     2.86    2783   100.0    60000    8560   1.177  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Alliant Reloder-26                 112.0     48.9     3.17    2777    99.4    55891    9572   1.210  ! Near Maximum !
Elcho 17                           102.9     43.8     2.84    2765   100.0    60000    8515   1.183  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Alliant Reloder-17                 102.9     43.8     2.84    2765   100.0    60000    8515   1.183  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ReloadSwiss RS 70                  109.7     47.4     3.07    2759    98.2    60000    9200   1.181  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Somchem S365                       110.7     44.7     2.90    2748   100.0    60000    8119   1.190  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Alliant Reloder-16                 110.4     43.6     2.83    2747   100.0    60000    8406   1.192  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ReloadSwiss RS 62                  106.9     45.5     2.95    2742    99.7    60000    8590   1.198  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
PB Clermont PCL 518                108.6     45.5     2.95    2727    98.6    60000    8707   1.193  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
PB Clermont PCL 511                104.3     45.1     2.92    2727    98.8    60000    8667   1.194  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Norma MRP                          112.0     47.4     3.07    2726    97.2    55272    9375   1.223  ! Near Maximum !
Ramshot Hunter                     107.7     45.2     2.93    2725    98.8    60000    8654   1.194  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Winchester 760                     101.7     43.7     2.83    2716    98.2    60000    8603   1.199  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Hodgdon H414                       101.7     43.7     2.83    2716    98.2    60000    8603   1.199  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Norma URP                          107.3     43.1     2.79    2712    99.7    60000    8344   1.201  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Bofors RP19 ~approximation         107.3     43.1     2.79    2711    99.7    60000    8341   1.202  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Vihtavuori N550                    104.2     43.2     2.80    2711    99.7    60000    8456   1.207  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Accurate 4350                      106.8     43.3     2.81    2711    99.7    60000    8322   1.215  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Alliant Reloder-19                 112.0     45.5     2.95    2706    96.4    59710    8740   1.196  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ADI AR 2209                        111.0     44.8     2.90    2697    96.2    60000    8638   1.191  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
IMR 7828 SSC                       112.0     46.7     3.03    2685    93.7    57159    8961   1.211  ! Near Maximum !
Norma 204                          106.1     44.5     2.88    2682    96.2    60000    8472   1.197  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Raufoss RA4                        109.6     44.5     2.88    2682    96.2    60000    8472   1.197  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Bofors RP4 ~approximation          109.6     44.5     2.88    2682    96.2    60000    8472   1.197  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Bofors RP14 ~approximation         112.0     45.5     2.95    2680    96.1    58307    8619   1.209  ! Near Maximum !
IMR 4831                           112.0     43.5     2.82    2680    99.7    58697    8140   1.221  ! Near Maximum !
Hodgdon Hybrid 100V                110.3     43.3     2.80    2679   100.0    60000    7665   1.200  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Bofors RP4 NT ~approximation       107.2     44.1     2.86    2670    97.8    60000    8261   1.209  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Somchem S385                       112.0     45.9     2.98    2666    97.2    58566    8379   1.222  ! Near Maximum !
Norma 203 old                       99.3     40.7     2.64    2664   100.0    60000    7728   1.227  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Bofors RP3                          99.3     40.7     2.64    2664   100.0    60000    7728   1.227  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Hodgdon H380                        98.5     40.8     2.65    2658    99.5    60000    7985   1.221  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Rottweil R903                      101.6     40.8     2.64    2658   100.0    60000    7655   1.228  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Vihtavuori N560                    112.0     46.4     3.01    2656    92.5    52850    9138   1.252  ! Near Maximum !
Lovex S070                         106.2     42.6     2.76    2656    98.2    60000    8133   1.222  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Winchester Supreme 780             110.0     47.1     3.05    2655    96.0    60000    8242   1.199  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ADI AR 2213                        112.0     45.9     2.98    2651    93.2    55918    8801   1.225  ! Near Maximum !
Somchem S355                       101.4     40.3     2.61    2650   100.0    60000    7661   1.225  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Rottweil R904                      110.1     44.1     2.86    2645    94.9    60000    8170   1.205  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Hodgdon H4831 SC                   112.0     45.9     2.98    2643    93.4    58650    8374   1.209  ! Near Maximum !
Raufoss RA15                       112.0     45.9     2.98    2640    94.9    51964    8931   1.263  ! Near Maximum !
Bofors RP5/NP ~approximation       112.0     45.9     2.98    2640    94.9    51964    8931   1.263  ! Near Maximum !
Alliant Reloder-22                 112.0     45.9     2.98    2640    94.9    51964    8931   1.263  ! Near Maximum !
Lovex S065                         104.7     41.6     2.69    2635    99.0    60000    7862   1.225  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Accurate 2520                       92.0     39.4     2.55    2632   100.0    60000    7213   1.233  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Lovex D073.6                        94.1     39.4     2.55    2632   100.0    60000    7213   1.233  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Accurate 4064                       99.1     39.4     2.55    2632   100.0    60000    7212   1.251  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
SNPE Vectan SP 7                    92.9     40.4     2.62    2629    99.4    60000    7678   1.227  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Accurate MAGPRO                    112.0     48.3     3.13    2626    90.0    51678    9041   1.268  ! Near Maximum !
Rottweil R907                      103.2     41.1     2.66    2624    97.5    60000    7913   1.223  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Bofors RP7                         103.2     41.1     2.66    2624    97.5    60000    7913   1.223  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
IMR 4007 SSC                        99.9     41.1     2.67    2624    97.5    60000    7907   1.223  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Ramshot Magnum                     112.0     49.5     3.21    2617    95.2    53974    8585   1.244  ! Near Maximum !
Somchem S361                       108.8     47.0     3.05    2611    93.8    60000    7964   1.218  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Accurate 2495                       93.3     37.0     2.40    2606   100.0    60000    6913   1.259  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
IMR 4955 Enduron                   112.0     44.2     2.87    2591    93.5    56847    8058   1.235  ! Near Maximum !
Rottweil R901                       92.9     35.8     2.32    2583   100.0    60000    6885   1.248  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Alliant Reloder-23                 112.0     44.5     2.88    2569    99.2    46628    8379   1.323
Rottweil R905                      112.0     45.1     2.92    2568    91.8    50434    8417   1.287
Accurate 3100                      112.0     45.5     2.95    2563    97.4    50695    8068   1.306
Bofors RP15                        112.0     45.0     2.91    2559    93.3    47276    8683   1.319
Winchester WXR                     112.0     45.0     2.91    2559    93.3    47276    8683   1.319
SNPE Vectan SP 12                  112.0     48.5     3.14    2548    91.2    48676    8748   1.301
PB Clermont PCL 517                112.0     48.5     3.14    2542    90.9    48414    8735   1.304
Hodgdon H4831                      112.0     44.2     2.86    2526    91.2    50685    8022   1.290
Bofors RP5 NT ~approximation       112.0     46.3     3.00    2515    88.3    49946    8192   1.298
IMR 7828                           112.0     44.2     2.86    2511    90.3    46524    8415   1.328
Vihtavuori N165                    112.0     45.0     2.91    2504    94.5    48983    7777   1.312
ADI AP 2214                        112.0     47.2     3.06    2502    90.2    48828    8284   1.307
Alliant Reloder-25                 112.0     45.2     2.93    2497    95.8    42803    8656   1.373
Vihtavuori N160                    112.0     43.6     2.82    2495    92.4    50643    7629   1.300
Lovex S071                         112.0     43.0     2.79    2403    95.0    40936    7680   1.437
Norma MRP 2                        112.0     45.5     2.95    2391    87.7    38002    8369   1.456
Bofors RP30                        112.0     45.5     2.95    2391    87.7    38002    8369   1.456
IMR 7977 Enduron                   112.0     45.0     2.91    2391    81.6    50125    7006   1.323
Vihtavuori N570                    112.0     47.9     3.11    2343    78.0    37436    8378   1.471
ADI AR 2217                        112.0     45.0     2.91    2341    86.2    40317    7694   1.428
Hodgdon H1000                      112.0     45.0     2.91    2341    86.2    40317    7694   1.428
ADI AR 2225                        112.0     45.7     2.96    2272    86.9    34314    8067   1.525
Hodgdon Retumbo                    112.0     45.7     2.96    2272    86.9    34314    8067   1.525
Alliant Reloder-33                 112.0     49.3     3.20    2262    76.0    35028    7996   1.521
Lovex D100                         112.0     48.9     3.17    2250    74.1    40073    6851   1.454
Vihtavuori N170                    112.0     45.0     2.91    2215    77.7    34957    6990   1.535
ReloadSwiss RS 80                  112.0     49.3     3.20    2206    74.6    33508    7752   1.554
Vihtavuori 24N41                   112.0     48.4     3.14    2206    69.6    37449    6923   1.496
ADI AR 2218                        112.0     48.4     3.14    2176    69.2    35081    7335   1.537
Norma 217                          112.0     44.8     2.90    2163    82.3    28870    7782   1.647
Hodgdon H870                       112.0     46.9     3.04    2134    74.3    29867    7392   1.632
Bofors 12,7mmRA NC1214 Lot20115087 112.0     48.1     3.12    2056    63.5    27250    6766   1.703
Alliant Reloder-50                 112.0     49.2     3.19    2053    68.3    26572    7234   1.711
Hodgdon 50BMG                      112.0     46.1     2.99    2041    61.3    30075    6237   1.646
Hodgdon US 869                     112.0     48.4     3.14    2033    64.5    29741    6281   1.657
SNPE Vectan SP 13                  112.0     46.4     3.01    1987    68.5    26559    6273   1.732
Accurate 8700                      112.0     47.4     3.07    1940    64.9    26803    5952   1.737
PB Clermont PCL 513/520/9520       112.0     46.4     3.01    1929    64.8    25175    5956   1.777
Vihtavuori 20N29                   112.0     48.9     3.17    1909    61.6    25166    5933   1.779
NC A3502 ,test only                112.0     44.5     2.88    1792    44.0    25371    4212   1.808
TLP A 502(RH) ,test only           112.0     44.5     2.88    1773    47.5    23361    4493   1.861
V1734 7-multiperf ,test only       112.0     44.5     2.88    1274    21.5    13631    2039   2.416

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/17/18 09:13 PM

If you get me some data like velocity, barrel length, case H20 capacity, bullet, powder used, etc, I may help pinpoint your possible nodes with Quickload.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/18/18 02:31 PM

GLC, I’ve been trying to upload photos from my iPhone, but it’s telling me they’re the wrong format. I’ve never had this issue in the past. I can text photos if you want them. I’m loading a fairly stiff load of Varget behind the ELD-M. Start around 39.0 gr, and work up. I haven’t found them to be seating depth sensitive. I just went as long as my unmodified 700 action would allow, which is 2.860” and they shot well. My magazines allow for longer seating, but I’d need to notch my receiver. As stated earlier, I’m jumping .075 thousandths.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/18/18 08:40 PM

If you get me some data like velocity, barrel length, case H20 capacity, bullet, powder used, etc, I may help pinpoint your possible nodes with Quickload.

Unfortunately can't give you a lot of info, no crono, no H20 case capacity known, 22 inch barrel, bullet Hornady ELDX 150 grain, IMR 4064.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/18/18 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: cblackall
GLC, I’ve been trying to upload photos from my iPhone, but it’s telling me they’re the wrong format. I’ve never had this issue in the past. I can text photos if you want them. I’m loading a fairly stiff load of Varget behind the ELD-M. Start around 39.0 gr, and work up. I haven’t found them to be seating depth sensitive. I just went as long as my unmodified 700 action would allow, which is 2.860” and they shot well. My magazines allow for longer seating, but I’d need to notch my receiver. As stated earlier, I’m jumping .075 thousandths.

I am going to try a lot hotter loads in the 150's for more velocity while checking for pressure signs. I am shooting a long action chassis gun so I can load very long.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 02/19/18 05:57 PM

Back from the range, I give up on the 7mm ELDX. Going back to Nosler.

Re: Problem ELDX 7mm08 - 03/03/18 02:07 AM

Be sure and let me know how many you have, so I'll have the right amount of cash to hand you.

Fyi, your pm is full, bringing 171, 162 eldx and a few 150 eldx.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum