Texas Hunting Forum

How do I delete a post?

Posted By: Smokey Bear

How do I delete a post? - 11/26/17 05:52 PM

How can I delete a reply to a post? After reading it the following day, it sounds bad and I would consequently like to remove it.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: How do I delete a post? - 11/26/17 06:03 PM

If someone else has replied after you, I don't think you can. If nobody else has replied, I think you can usually hit "edit" and in the edit menu there is a "delete post" button.

Even if the "delete post" button is gone, you can still edit and delete all the text.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: How do I delete a post? - 11/26/17 08:31 PM

Write in haste, repent at leisure. Ask me how I know ...

wink

Re: How do I delete a post? - 11/26/17 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: syncerus
Write in haste, repent at leisure. Ask me how I know ...

wink

That's what it looks like. I replied to a post yesterday while I was watching college football and sipping on adult beverages. Read it today and can't put the genie back in the bottle.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: How do I delete a post? - 11/26/17 10:43 PM

I'll bet there's no one here who wouldn't like to have at least one or two do-overs. I wouldn't sweat it...if an apology is in order then issue one, and then move on.

If that doesn't work for you, then give us a link to the post in question and we'll throttle you good.
whip

You'll feel much better.
lol35
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: How do I delete a post? - 11/26/17 10:48 PM

Ha! I deleted some previously on a recent, and then got ridiculed for my good gesture for the delete. I wish I would have kept them up, and then some.
Posted By: Teal28

Re: How do I delete a post? - 11/27/17 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider
I'll bet there's no one here who wouldn't like to have at least one or two do-overs. I wouldn't sweat it...if an apology is in order then issue one, and then move on.

If that doesn't work for you, then give us a link to the post in question and we'll throttle you good.
whip

You'll feel much better.
lol35

roflmao
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: How do I delete a post? - 11/28/17 05:04 PM

If you would like your post/thread deleted, you have two options:

1) PM a moderator
2) click "notify" and request that the post/thread is deleted

Re: How do I delete a post? - 11/28/17 11:52 PM

Thank you sir. After reading the replies I will just own this one and try to use better judgement before hitting submit in the future.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum