Texas Hunting Forum

Homemade Broadheads.

Posted By: TexasResident1

Homemade Broadheads. - 05/07/23 02:58 PM

Have any of yall experimented with makeing your own broad heads. i was thinking about trying to replicated maybe like iron will single bevel for my own use. was curious if any of yall had experince or had any thought to add.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Homemade Broadheads. - 05/07/23 03:51 PM

I know a fella that does. He's a man who has time on his hands, talent to spare and a desire to reinvent the wheel despite the cost. But it works for him. He builds some interesting stuff. Just would like to see some LDPs from some of his creative work.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Homemade Broadheads. - 05/07/23 06:20 PM

1,000 grain single bevel, 3 to 1 ratio, please. Make a great gag gift
Posted By: TexasResident1

Re: Homemade Broadheads. - 05/07/23 10:01 PM

honeslty 1000 grain would be a great gift for some of my hunting buddies!!

Re: Homemade Broadheads. - 05/07/23 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by TexasResident1
honeslty 1000 grain would be a great gift for some of my hunting buddies!!

https://edgetac.com/product/775-grain-single-bevel-broadheads-matching-field-points/
Posted By: Nolanco

Re: Homemade Broadheads. - 05/09/23 12:59 PM

Dang, that Edgetac is some serious business. Nice that they address accuracy issues right up front.

Re: Homemade Broadheads. - 05/10/23 04:12 AM

I am willing to bet it can be walk back tuned. Probably takes big high helical fletching. Like 5” feathers on a hard right helical. 4 of ‘em lol. Start there and walk back tune i bet she’ll fly.

But I think I’ll just shoot something else.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Homemade Broadheads. - 07/11/23 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by TexasResident1
Have any of yall experimented with makeing your own broad heads. i was thinking about trying to replicated maybe like iron will single bevel for my own use. was curious if any of yall had experince or had any thought to add.

between machining and hardening good luck.

Hard to beat Iron will though, i just bought more
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum