Texas Hunting Forum

Bow shopping

Posted By: 68A

Bow shopping - 11/26/21 02:37 PM

I’ve been out of the game for several years and I’ve decided to get back into it. Began the search for a new bow and I’ve shot 3 different manufacturers so far but wanted some input from those that have more knowledge than myself. So far I’ve shot the V3 27 and 31 which I really enjoyed how smooth the shot was, although the draw was a little more aggressive. I’ve also shot the Enkore which had a smoother draw cycle but had noticeable vibration after the shot. Also shot the Xpedition X33, this was my least favorite of the three. It’s light but didn’t hold as well as either of the other two. I lean towards a longer ATA bow, I’m much more stable.

Are there any other bows I should consider?

ETA- the one thing that concerns me about a longer bow (33”) is that I’m a fairly short guy at 5’8”. This bow will potentially be used on elk hunts in the future, so it has me a little hesitant due to different positional shooting.
Posted By: Driller

Re: Bow shopping - 11/30/21 05:46 PM

I have an Elite Ritual 30 I’m looking to sale. Bought new in April. Hasn’t been shot much. Still has factory winners choice strings with zero wear. PM me if interested
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Bow shopping - 11/30/21 08:47 PM

If your looking for an elk bow....you may want to consider the accuracy at longer ranges. I had a Halon 32 that i loved but past 30 yards the accuracy would fall off. I just could not shoot it at distance.

Bought an Elite Enkore and to me, its a smoother shooting bow, and much more accurate. 80 yard shots are no issue
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum