Texas Hunting Forum

Quiver vs broadheads?

Posted By: foodieguy

Quiver vs broadheads? - 09/19/21 04:13 PM

It’s a slow Sunday, random question time…

How does everyone store their fixed blade broadheads in their quiver when actually hunting?

My quiver has some dense foam in it, when I hunt I leave that in there. Over time the blades have cut into it some and they don’t bounce around. Does jamming them in there dull the blades much? I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of getting my blades scary sharp and don’t want to waste that effort. Might not matter much…what do you think?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Quiver vs broadheads? - 09/19/21 04:53 PM

a good broadhead should not dull any or not much at all on the foam. If you are worried about it use one head and punch it in the foam for each arrow and mark orientation so you can put the others in that way then sharpen the broadhead used for this. Insert the other arrows into those cut slots.

You can check the sharpness of your broad head after doing that and see if you can tell it was dulled.
Posted By: 1 bois d arc bow man

Re: Quiver vs broadheads? - 09/19/21 05:30 PM

cheersGood you got those blades scary sharp. You think about it taking arrows out of quiver say 10/ 20 times a season will dull blades some what. In my IBEP classes i would ask students what kind of broadhead do you use. Replies were dozen differnt brands . F ixed 3 / 4 blades, mech. The correct answer is. RAZOR sharp. As a way to test or check sharpness use a rubber band strechted tight. Broadhead should sever band in half when blade just touches it, with no pressure needed. Keep em sharp,and pick a spot. Good Luck ya'll.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum