Texas Hunting Forum

Scope elevation turret , Shooting Low

Posted By: FullDraw55

Scope elevation turret , Shooting Low - 09/02/21 08:55 PM

I have my new crossbow. I have the scope elevation turret dial all way up to where it will not turn anymore and I'm still shooting about 3" low. Do i need taller scope rings? Help!!!
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Scope elevation turret , Shooting Low - 09/02/21 09:00 PM

Post a picture of your current mounting system.

Re: Scope elevation turret , Shooting Low - 09/03/21 11:24 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Scope elevation turret , Shooting Low - 09/03/21 12:39 PM

What Crossbow, make and model is that? What model scope? Some of the cheaper crossbows come with scopes I wouldn't give ten cents for.

Re: Scope elevation turret , Shooting Low - 09/03/21 01:37 PM

I don't see any adjustability there. Getting taller rings won't help you a bit. It will raise the scope up, but won't change the line of sight. If you could find a 20 moa rail that mounts to a picatinny rail, that would work, if they even make them. Best option IMO would be Burris signature scope rings.They come with inserts where you can adjust the cant up or down, and even side to side.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Scope elevation turret , Shooting Low - 09/03/21 01:58 PM

Looks like you got it new, local dealer or ordered? If local go talk to them. Call Killer Instinct as well. I know a lot of scopes have been replaced for such reason, I have even seen some that are so cheap the Objective lens fell out of it. yes lots use cheap Chinese scopes on decent bows.

I have also seen what you are experiencing on a few scopes that if turned all the way the other direction then back to the middle and sighted back in they worked. I also told those customers to get another scope. I also would call the crossbow company and often just get another scope sent for the customer.

Does the scope track well and just ran out of room, if yes might go with the Rings Bubba suggested. If not tracking right, I would be looking for another scope.

Hawk also makes some good scopes. I stuck a Excalibur scope on my Parker aft the scope failed about 10 years old. The Excalibur and Tenpoint scopes are Hawk scopes. though others make good ones and even better but the price does go up.

Re: Scope elevation turret , Shooting Low - 09/03/21 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by kmon1
Looks like you got it new, local dealer or ordered? If local go talk to them. Call Killer Instinct as well. I know a lot of scopes have been replaced for such reason, I have even seen some that are so cheap the Objective lens fell out of it. yes lots use cheap Chinese scopes on decent bows.

I have also seen what you are experiencing on a few scopes that if turned all the way the other direction then back to the middle and sighted back in they worked. I also told those customers to get another scope. I also would call the crossbow company and often just get another scope sent for the customer.

Does the scope track well and just ran out of room, if yes might go with the Rings Bubba suggested. If not tracking right, I would be looking for another scope.

Hawk also makes some good scopes. I stuck a Excalibur scope on my Parker aft the scope failed about 10 years old. The Excalibur and Tenpoint scopes are Hawk scopes. though others make good ones and even better but the price does go up.

This is good advice. I was diagnosing the problem as if the scope was working properly. It may be a scope issue.

Re: Scope elevation turret , Shooting Low - 09/03/21 08:03 PM

Wow, called Killer Instinct and without any questions they're sending me a new scope.
thanks for all the advice
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Scope elevation turret , Shooting Low - 09/03/21 09:42 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum