Texas Hunting Forum

Who else has been bad?

Posted By: unclebubba

Who else has been bad? - 08/23/21 02:25 AM

I'm kinda ashamed that I haven't touched my bow in about 8 months. Picked it up and flung three arrows tonight at last light. Acceptable for 20 yards, but I'll be getting a lot of practice in over the next month and a half. Who else has neglected to keep themselves sharp? [Linked Image]
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Who else has been bad? - 08/23/21 03:08 AM

I'm fighting a shoulder/arm injury so I've been keeping my sessions very short and only shooting about once or twice every other week.

I typically shoot at 40 yards at a 3D deer target and have no problems putting 4 arrows in the kill zone.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Who else has been bad? - 08/23/21 01:32 PM

I haven't been as diligent as normal last two years. But was pleasantly surprised when I ramped up again a few weeks ago.
Posted By: intohunting

Re: Who else has been bad? - 08/23/21 03:10 PM

Guilty. This thread has got me motivated to knock the dust off of the bow.
Need to poke some holes in my targets starting today.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: supersixfour

Re: Who else has been bad? - 08/23/21 04:20 PM

That's a nice setup. What is that backstop made out of?

Originally Posted by intohunting
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: intohunting

Re: Who else has been bad? - 08/24/21 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by supersixfour
That's a nice setup. What is that backstop made out of?

Originally Posted by intohunting
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here is a picture from the back.
[Linked Image]

The backstop is a horse stall mat (4' x 6'). Works great! Google archery target backstops and you'll find a bunch of ideas.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Who else has been bad? - 08/24/21 01:50 AM

I have been, eye surgery, 8lb weight restriction for 2+ months, then vacation and took the recurve out yesterday a little in the back yard. 6 inch group at about 15 yards, gotta do a few a day to get back to form . Compound hit 6 dots at 30 yards with 6 shots, dots are about 2.5 inches.

Not bad since I have not shot those since last September but had eye the other eye operated on in late September so didn't bow hunt except with the Wife's crossbow with the winch cranking device.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Who else has been bad? - 08/24/21 01:53 AM

Horse mats do make good back stops. I set my target at the base of a steep hill/old dirt pit behind the house in the woods. If I miss there is a 15 foot or so wall of dirt there.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Who else has been bad? - 08/24/21 02:46 AM

That’s a great idea man , thanks for sharing
Posted By: TiggerV

Re: Who else has been bad? - 08/25/21 03:07 PM

I probably have more excuses for not shooting than arrows have shot this year.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Who else has been bad? - 08/29/21 05:24 PM

I shoot traditional bows so I have to shoot fairly regularly to stay on top of it. That said I've had some intense arm and hand issues this year I can't seem to shake and the last three months I'm limited to a few shots per week at most. Some weeks, like the last three, it's one shot per week.
Posted By: Jgard25222

Re: Who else has been bad? - 09/02/21 12:42 AM

I need to stop being lazy and shoot mine. I really enjoy it once I do, but just make excuses lately not too
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum