Texas Hunting Forum

Arrow Wraps

Posted By: FullDraw55

Arrow Wraps - 06/09/21 02:40 PM

Does "Arrow Wraps" have a disadvantage or advantage to your arrow, hutnting or shooting?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Arrow Wraps - 06/09/21 04:01 PM

For looks. I do not see any advantage
Posted By: Driller

Re: Arrow Wraps - 06/09/21 04:41 PM

It stiffens the arrow a bit
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Arrow Wraps - 06/09/21 07:39 PM

One of the guys on my lease makes his own arrows. He claims the fletching sticks to them better.
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Arrow Wraps - 06/10/21 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisB
One of the guys on my lease makes his own arrows. He claims the fletching sticks to them better.

In my opinion, it does, but I’ve had the vane tear the wrap when my arrow goes too deep or through my target. When that happens you need to replace the wrap and all three vanes. I still prefer to wrap my arrows.
Posted By: foodieguy

Re: Arrow Wraps - 06/15/21 03:32 AM

I saw some wraps that were made out of reflective tape. Made me think about using them but never did much research on it.
Posted By: TBS12

Re: Arrow Wraps - 06/29/21 11:33 PM

I like wraps because if you fletch your own arrows, easier to clean off the glue. And it can add more color to help recover the arrow
Posted By: nacgoat08

Re: Arrow Wraps - 08/18/21 07:26 PM

I have 6" white wraps on my arrows. The main advantage is having the ability of reading the arrow better after the shot. It allows me to understand the hit, whether its bright red frothy blood, darker liver blood, green/slime...or buried in the grass!
Posted By: Homer75

Re: Arrow Wraps - 11/18/21 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by nacgoat08
I have 6" white wraps on my arrows. The main advantage is having the ability of reading the arrow better after the shot. It allows me to understand the hit, whether its bright red frothy blood, darker liver blood, green/slime...or buried in the grass!

This is the same reason I do it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum