Texas Hunting Forum

Archery Release Question

Posted By: polishpreacher

Archery Release Question - 10/26/20 12:49 PM

Ok, so I recently left my release in a blind at a hunt I did a few weeks ago and am just realizing it. My question to the group is can I simply buy a new release and have it work or do I need to do some slight adjustments with my bow using the new release? Also, since im now looking for a new release, do yall have any suggestions as to which ones I should look in to? The one I had had this little clicker thing to tighten it on my wrist and a lever that open when pushed to release the string. Thanks for yall feedback!!!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Archery Release Question - 10/26/20 03:40 PM

Adjustment to your bow should not be necessary if it is setup for you. If you liked the old release just get another like it and adjust to the same length. If you want to check out others go to a shop that has a good selection and try a few you like.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Archery Release Question - 10/26/20 04:14 PM

You may need to adjust the release until you have a comfortable and consistent anchor point, but otherwise, you don't need to make any adjustments.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Archery Release Question - 10/26/20 07:42 PM

If you were comfortable with your old release then get the same one again. Have them mail your old release to you so you can have it as a backup. If you choose to get a new one then go to a location you can look at them in person and see what you like. Read the reviews on them also if you can. If you find one you like then buy 2 so and use them both so you can have a backup.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Archery Release Question - 10/26/20 11:26 PM

I just switched to the spot hog wise guy and it’s awesome.
Posted By: Archer Anthony

Re: Archery Release Question - 10/28/20 02:21 PM

i would buy the same model if you can. Your anchor point should matter more than your release. Unless you switched styles. Like wrist to tension
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Archery Release Question - 10/28/20 10:13 PM

I’m still trying to figure out the part where you left it in a blind!!!
My release stays on my wrist till I get back to the truck. Then I take it off and goes right into my bag!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum