Texas Hunting Forum

Thinking about using the Bowmar Nose Button for better anchoring.

Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Thinking about using the Bowmar Nose Button for better anchoring. - 10/19/20 03:50 AM

I bought a new bow for the first time in almost 20 years and since the bow fits me differently, I was thinking about adding the Bowmar nose button along with a kisser button to help getting use to the bow and a consistent anchoring point. Has anybody tried them out and got better consistent groupings while using it? It seems like it would help with better anchoring. I have always used a kisser button with my compound bows and nothing but a nock on the string and shot off the shelf with my recurve bows. It’s a lot easier with my recurve bows, since the bow string goes farther back across my body and I use a glove while shooting. I threw the nose button on my string to see how it would feel when drawing my bow today. The only thing that I don’t seem to like about the nose button, is the sharp spikes on it and I am going to round them out if I decide to use it. I am using my old sight that I had laying around after upgrading the sight and rest on my Mathews LX. I have an HHA OL-Elite XL-5519 adjustable single pin sight on my new bow and Bowmar’s sight says to install the nose button in the center of your max shooting distance. I never used one before and I never had any problems shooting my LX bow without one. I also always used a peep sight with the surgical tubing that had a large peep hole, so I could see the housing of the single pin sight whether it was at 20 yards or at 60 yards. I switched to a Jim Fletcher Tru Peep with the new bow and I am going to have to go with a bigger size peep hole to see the housing when I lower it down for longer distances. Does anybody on here use these nose buttons with a single pin sight? Does it matter about installing it at the half way point of your max shooting distance, like they tell you to on their installation video? Wondering if the thing is more trouble than it is worth lol. Any input on these would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Attached picture 98FC6C5D-4E90-48FB-8AB6-E6534C6D97C9.jpeg
Attached picture 390A0A45-3248-43FE-AD5C-4B0C84A500C3.jpeg
Attached picture 3BD7FF80-2924-4202-A656-98C620913DDE.jpeg
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Thinking about using the Bowmar Nose Button for better anchoring. - 10/19/20 04:28 AM

I have never used a nose button but if you think it will give you confidence then try it. If you do not like it you can always remove it. Confidence goes a long way in shooting
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: Thinking about using the Bowmar Nose Button for better anchoring. - 10/19/20 04:58 AM

Thanks Kmon1. That’s very true. I shoot my recurves with no sight, no peep, off the shelf, canted and do instinctive shooting with confidence. I am going to try the nose button with the kisser button and a wider hole peep sight. Then once I start getting consistent groupings, I will probably remove it. Thanks again.
Posted By: nmhybridhunter

Re: Thinking about using the Bowmar Nose Button for better anchoring. - 10/26/20 01:45 AM

I use the nose button, used to just touch my nose to the string but the nose button keep anchor the exact same and I think it’s been helpful for me!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum