Texas Hunting Forum

Rage Hypodermic NC Issue

Posted By: TxHunter87

Rage Hypodermic NC Issue - 09/30/20 08:26 PM

I decided to pull the trigger and get some, ive had 5 people tell me to try them out so i figured it must be a sign.

they shoot great as far as accuracy but they are deploying in my targets. im shooting intoa block and a 3d deer and out of the 10 shots, same broadhead, i dont see any sign that its deployed.

am i doing something wrong?
Posted By: freerange

Re: Rage Hypodermic NC Issue - 09/30/20 10:02 PM

I shoot the same but its an xbow. Deploy every time. Couple broke when i pulled them out. Im a rookie so maybe doing something wrong. May find out soon cause im pulling out to lease right now.
Posted By: RPG1997

Re: Rage Hypodermic NC Issue - 09/30/20 10:06 PM

I shoot them for my crossbow, like freerange. They work every time for me.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Rage Hypodermic NC Issue - 10/01/20 12:53 AM

What is your bow setup, Bow, poundage and draw length. Also check that the collars are on correctly. Blocks and 3D targets should have the blades deploy
Posted By: TxHunter87

Re: Rage Hypodermic NC Issue - 10/01/20 07:28 PM

I have a Mathews chill-r, 68 lbs, draw length is slipping my mind, FMJ arrows with 100 grain tips, it is 500 and something total grain arrow weight and 260 FPS

If im reading the rage box right the NC stands for no collar so i should be doing that right.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Rage Hypodermic NC Issue - 10/01/20 09:06 PM

I haven't used the NC heads, but looks like no collar. Your setup should have plenty of KE for using any expandable broadhead. Reason I ask is I have seen issues with lower poundage bows and expandable heads.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum