Texas Hunting Forum

100 Grain to 125 Grain

Posted By: TxHunter87

100 Grain to 125 Grain - 05/31/19 08:19 PM

After doing a littler research and then having to re sight in my bow due to getting new strings, I decided to make a switch to 125 grains broad heads over 100 grains.

I am a little rusty shooting right now, its been probably over a year since i shot last since the wife and i had our daughter last year and didn't get to bow hunt at all just rifle.Not that i did real bad i could still hunt just fine but i didnt have to adjust anything when i went to the 125 grains. i even sent a few down 30 yards and yes i was a inch or 2 to the right but the correct line.

Is that normal? or should i be seeing more of a drop im just that rusty?

Also, going to have to get new broad heads so i am a big believer in Slick Tricks but now that i got to get all new ones any broadhead recommendations in the 125 grain would be awesome
Posted By: RJH1

Re: 100 Grain to 125 Grain - 05/31/19 10:29 PM

If you meant an inch or two down at 30 yards, that is probably pretty close. All else being equal going from 100 to 125 will only cost you about 8 FPS. I have had good luck with magnus stingers in 100 and 125 grain so for a fixed blade that might give you another option. I have never used the slick tricks, but if they have worked well for you in the past, i am sure they will in the future. I am trying mech this year for the first time, so i am doing a little experimenting as well. Hope they work as good as the stingers. Good luck
Posted By: kmon11

Re: 100 Grain to 125 Grain - 05/31/19 11:51 PM

Yes 1 to 2 inches low at 30 yards is about what I would expect. As far as fixed blade heads I have been using G5 Montech 125gr heads for about 10 years, no complaints. I do use 150gr Magnus Stingers with the trad bows
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum