Texas Hunting Forum

Any Obsession Turmoil RZ shooters out there? Question

Posted By: Paralax22

Any Obsession Turmoil RZ shooters out there? Question - 05/15/19 02:16 AM

I purchased a Turmoil RZ last year during bow season after shooting one at Bass Pro. It was recommended to me to stick with my Beman ICS Hunter Arrows that I was using with my PSE. I am not getting good flight out of them. I am afraid the bow is a bit much for them as I climbed 50+ FPS but I am no expert with Archery. I am an expert in knowing something ain’t right though. Arrows are about an inch over the lip so not short or too long. What would be a better arrow to get to eliminate the all over the place mid flight motion? I have heard the Carbon Express Maxima Red would be good but that’s from someone shooting a 15 year old Mathews @ 270+/- FPS also. Not sure if that makes a difference since I can get an extra 70-80 FPS more out of my bow.

My specs
28” Draw
70lb pull
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Any Obsession Turmoil RZ shooters out there? Question - 05/15/19 05:22 PM

gaining 5+fps is enough to need to go to a stiffer arrow much of the time. To test this what fieldtip weight are you using. 100gr would be my guess, You could try some 75gr nd though it will gain a little speed it will make the arrow stiffer effectively as there will be less weight out front.

What spine are the arrows you are currently using and what length are they?

If the spine number is over 340 and the arrow is over 28 inches you need a stiffer arrow from what I have seen and some bows you will need to go with a 300 spine.

Carbon express maxima are very good arrows and accurate. I have set up quite a few of them for some archers that compete and win with them.

I am currently shooting Goldtips Pierce which isa micro diameter arrow that shoots really well. Have also been happy with Easton Axis arrows.

Re: Any Obsession Turmoil RZ shooters out there? Question - 05/15/19 06:15 PM

Another easy test is to back out both limbs 2 turns and see how it shoots, if it starts shooting good then your arrows need to be stiffer
Posted By: Paralax22

Re: Any Obsession Turmoil RZ shooters out there? Question - 05/15/19 10:28 PM

29” arrows and 340 spine. Using 100 grain field tips.

Re: Any Obsession Turmoil RZ shooters out there? Question - 05/16/19 06:33 PM

With that arrow I think you are a bit under spined. If poundage was dropped to about 63 lbs you would be fine, or get 300 spine arrows. Nice bow for sure, congrats.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum