Texas Hunting Forum

Outdoor Pro- Garland

Posted By: Stevarino

Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/12/18 10:48 PM

Did this place go out of business? I dropped off and paid for new strings a few weeks back. Been calling for a status update and just getting a vm.. which is full. Went online and saw a customer comment that they’re closed.
Sure hope someone contacts me about my bow. Not sure what to do if they’ve closed for good.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/12/18 11:05 PM

Thought I had Steve's number in the phone but do not see it now. Will try to locate it. Also can try their Collin County Shop (214) 810-0844 website says open at noon tomorrow

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/12/18 11:12 PM

Thank you sir

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/13/18 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by kmon1
Thought I had Steve's number in the phone but do not see it now. Will try to locate it. Also can try their Collin County Shop (214) 810-0844 website says open at noon tomorrow

That number is invalid.. guess I’ll try the chamber of commmerce to see if they can help.
Went by the store today and it’s completly empty! Not looking good for me

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/13/18 08:58 PM

That does not sound good

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/13/18 09:08 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/13/18 09:14 PM

That doesn't look good either
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/13/18 11:25 PM

What bow did you leave with them? Can you claim it as a theft?

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/14/18 12:36 AM

Found it. Another company in Dallas took what was left in the store and said they’ll try to call the owners.

If anyone is in the same situation, call Gary with AllStar archery in Dallas at 214-320-1673.

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/14/18 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisB
What bow did you leave with them? Can you claim it as a theft?

I left it first of November and was told it would be a few weeks. Paid $150 upfront.. Gary just told me the string is on but no peep and missing a bottom plate for the arrow rest.
Prior to this, I called the pd to file a report and they stated I’d have to take it to small claims.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/14/18 12:59 AM

Gary's a good guy. I'm sure he could get you fixed up.
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/14/18 03:40 PM

Don't waste your time with small clams court.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/21/18 09:01 PM

Is the old man "pops" still alive? Wasn't his son Craig the actual owner? I grew up going to that place. Took hunters ed from "pops" he was a crotchety ol bastard.

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/21/18 09:38 PM

Pops was a crusty old guy, he has been gone for years. Over the years I had lots of fun conversations with Pops. Anyone remember back when he still had guns in the store someone tried to rob the place one day when there were several off duty Garland officers in the store. Lets just say the guy's robbery did not go his way

Steve and Josh bought it last year the ones that had Collin County Archery in Princeton. They had limited operating capitol and thought they might be able to make a go of it but guess not. A lot of customers were loyal to the shop but quite a few were not and when they bought the place it was getting badly run down and dirty.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/21/18 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by kmon1
Pops was a crusty old guy, he has been gone for years. Over the years I had lots of fun conversations with Pops. Anyone remember back when he still had guns in the store someone tried to rob the place one day when there were several off duty Garland officers in the store. Lets just say the guy's robbery did not go his way

Steve and Josh bought it last year the ones that had Collin County Archery in Princeton. They had limited operating capitol and thought they might be able to make a go of it but guess not. A lot of customers were loyal to the shop but quite a few were not and when they bought the place it was getting badly run down and dirty.

Place was always dirty. Even going there as a kid with my dad I can remember the old man smoking his cigars. The old, crusty wolf mount up front. As I got older I used to spend a lot of time shooting my bow there, usually 4-5 days a week. Got to be a regular and knew everyone well. Moved off for awhile, tried to go up there for the first time a couple weeks ago since moving back, doors were locked during business hours. Sad.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Outdoor Pro- Garland - 12/24/18 02:15 AM

Sad to see it go...I used to shoot there quite a bit in the late 80’s/early 90’s.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum