Texas Hunting Forum

Binoculars harness recommendation for bow hunt

Posted By: shschofield

Binoculars harness recommendation for bow hunt - 11/06/18 04:23 AM

Im going on my first bow hunt friday. Ive filmed many working in outdoor television, but have only rifle hunted myself. Im looking to get a binocular harness that will keep them easily accessible on my chest and will be able to stretch when I glass, but will then keep them tight to my body in case I have to lean forward to shoot. Any recomendations?
Posted By: jseago

Re: Binoculars harness recommendation for bow hunt - 11/08/18 07:32 PM

Honestly I ordered the Allen strap form ebay for $10 with free shipping and it DOES NOT get in the way when shooting at normal angles such as from the ground. I do not take chances at the extreme angle with it. I mainly hunt in tents now because my 6 year old likes being there with me and I accommodate.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Binoculars harness recommendation for bow hunt - 11/08/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by jseago
Honestly I ordered the Allen strap form ebay for $10 with free shipping and it DOES NOT get in the way when shooting at normal angles such as from the ground. I do not take chances at the extreme angle with it. I mainly hunt in tents now because my 6 year old likes being there with me and I accommodate.

I use the same one. unless hunting from the treestand where I am more apt to encounter odd angles than when in a ground blind. In the tree I just use the range finder for my optic and drop it in a pocket when not in use. Or sometimes I grab a small set of 8X24 pocket binos that I have had for years, tree stand yardsges either works and with the range finder I get the range at teh same time using it as a monocular
Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Binoculars harness recommendation for bow hunt - 11/09/18 08:53 PM

I ran the S4Gear for a long time, but now I'm using Alaskan Guide Creations. Best harness I have ever had.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Binoculars harness recommendation for bow hunt - 11/10/18 01:40 AM

I had the original Bino Buddies. Lost those binos but they were the best. I have some I bought at Academy and they work fine just too thick behind the neck area.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Binoculars harness recommendation for bow hunt - 11/19/18 11:45 PM

FHF GEAR.COM check them out.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Binoculars harness recommendation for bow hunt - 11/20/18 01:34 PM

I have these... Badlands and they work great up

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/prod...8rorj3gIVENbACh16BQK2EAQYASABEgJw-fD_BwE
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Binoculars harness recommendation for bow hunt - 12/06/18 01:19 AM

I’ve ran

FHF
Kuiu
AGC
Elastic Crooked horn

All will keep your bino tot to your chest. Elastic Tyoe can knock your teeth out if you aren’t careful.

ACG has most pockets for random stuff
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Binoculars harness recommendation for bow hunt - 12/24/18 05:24 AM

Which ever one you use practice with it. I took mine to a shoot and wondered why my first end was so erratic. I took the binos off and groups tightened right up. I'm not sure why it caused my groups to open. I'll fool with it after the season is over.
Posted By: 94sktr

Re: Binoculars harness recommendation for bow hunt - 01/02/19 02:20 PM

RYO ultra light bino harnes
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum