Texas Hunting Forum

Splitting arrows

Posted By: coolsun

Splitting arrows - 09/25/18 02:07 PM

Sunday i stepped put for a couple of practice shot. This will be my first year bow hunting. and my second arrow hit the fiorst arrow. Just wondering how common this is? Anyone else do this?

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/25/18 02:09 PM

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/25/18 02:26 PM

That first one or two are cool to do then it gets expensive.

Start shooting at different dots on the target if you do not like buying arrows.

I know a very few people that a split arrow is pretty common thing with them if they want to, most of us mortals just split the rare one occasionally
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/25/18 03:11 PM

Robinhood!
Posted By: AdanV

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/25/18 03:57 PM

Done it myself twice on field points at 20 yards.
Then once on broadheads.

You feel like you're on top of the world at first.

But like kmon1 says, it gets expensive because you just destroyed 2 arrows in the process.

I still shoot multiple fieldpoints onto a single target to record my grouping.
But during broadhead time, it's strictly 1 arrow per 1 target.
Posted By: D'hanis

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/25/18 04:03 PM

Pretty rare if you ask me. I've only done it once and like others say, it's exciting, but then you realize your down two arrows. I try and vary my target aim points now because aside from this, you'll start ruining fletchings as your groups get tighter and you nick your previous arrows
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/25/18 07:06 PM

I have been bow hunting since '86 and never done it. But again, I shoot different dots. But, back in the beginning, I would knock off a lot of fletchings and it didn't take long to learn that if I didn't want to mess up any more arrows, shoot at different dots.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/26/18 01:01 PM

I've done quite a few with compounds over the years. We used to shoot at each others arrows and make bets on doing it to each other. I've had four with trad bows the last two years. However a couple of them were just me missing consistently. hammer
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/26/18 01:26 PM

Just as sqiggy said, I have several and at first pretty cool, but 6 damaged arrows gets expensive. I shoot single shots or multiple spots now!
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/26/18 02:55 PM

Not that expensive and if it builds your confidence and it impresses your friends then go for it. I have done it few times, wasn't meant just, just pure luck on my part. More fun when you do it to a friends arrow for sure! duel

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/26/18 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
I've done quite a few with compounds over the years. We used to shoot at each others arrows and make bets on doing it to each other. I've had four with trad bows the last two years. However a couple of them were just me missing consistently. hammer

That describes my split arrows with recurves, consistent misses
Posted By: lk05077

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/26/18 03:57 PM

this was an expensive round if you look close you can see why no idea how she did it
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/26/18 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: lk05077

this was an expensive round if you look close you can see why no idea how she did it

I've never seen a 3 some Robinhood. Impressive!
I too have done a Robinhood double on a few and then lost that excitement and ruining them.

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/26/18 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt
Originally Posted By: lk05077

I've never seen a 3 some Robinhood. Impressive!
I too have done a Robinhood double on a few and then lost that excitement and ruining them.

Have seen a 3 stack once. Congrats to the young archer, very few have done that

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/26/18 06:21 PM

at about 22 an arrow better not happen again lol
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/27/18 07:33 PM

I've done it many times with the older aluminum arrows, but only once with a full carbon arrow. I think it happens less with these carbon arrows and fast shooting bows (normally just splits the first arrow)
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/28/18 06:02 AM

I always just pull the arrows after every shot.

JR

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/30/18 03:35 PM

The 3 shot is awesome Ik. Mine was definitely an accident
Don't plan on doing it.
Posted By: major_74

Re: Splitting arrows - 09/30/18 10:49 PM

Never seen a 3

Re: Splitting arrows - 10/02/18 12:24 PM

she got lucky as hell with the three and it happened at indoor state on a rough weekend for her so I was even more surprised the one happened not to mention the 2rd.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum