Texas Hunting Forum

New sight-having problems adjusting

Posted By: varnoldi13

New sight-having problems adjusting - 08/28/18 11:10 PM

I got a new 5 pin sight from cabelas and had the guys install it . At 20 yards I have to move the top pin to the highest point possible to get the bow on the right spot. This doesn't seem right at all .

Any ideas? Nothing else on the bow has changed.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: New sight-having problems adjusting - 08/28/18 11:15 PM

Which bow is it on. some have more than one set of mounting holes and if put in the wrong holes it will be way off. Numerous PSE bows are that way as are a few others. Sounds like the sight is mounted too low, see if there are other holes higher.

On some sights they can be flipped to raise or lower the sight for use on slow or fast bows, could be that is the problem as well.

Re: New sight-having problems adjusting - 08/28/18 11:16 PM

A couple pictures one of the sight mount to riser and one of bell attachment to the sight shaft bracket.

Which sight did you get?

Re: New sight-having problems adjusting - 08/29/18 01:07 AM

Diamond SB-1 is the bow, sight is the cabela's Instinct Demon Five-Pin Sight . They discontinued the sight a few months back . I will grab some pictures tomorrow. I did look at it this weekend, and didn't see additional mounting options on the bow.
Posted By: lk05077

Re: New sight-having problems adjusting - 08/29/18 01:17 AM

If I am not mistaken that bow does have two sets of mounting holes for the sight

Re: New sight-having problems adjusting - 08/29/18 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: lk05077
If I am not mistaken that bow does have two sets of mounting holes for the sight

You sir are correct ! Right now the sight is on the lower mounting option. I'll adjust tomorrow and give it a shot banana

Re: New sight-having problems adjusting - 08/30/18 12:16 AM

Problem solved !!
Posted By: lk05077

Re: New sight-having problems adjusting - 08/30/18 12:29 PM

good have had that same issue a time or two

Re: New sight-having problems adjusting - 08/30/18 08:49 PM

Glad you got it solved
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum