Texas Hunting Forum

tuning help please

Posted By: lk05077

tuning help please - 08/28/18 01:18 PM

Had a new string put on my daughters bow and ever since we did that we have to constantly site the bow every time she shoots it I know this is not normal. sent a message with a pic to the person who actual built her bow and he said it looks like the cams were moved from where he had them set. he asked me to put a arrow on the cam making sure it goes toward the riser and he wants no space between arrow and riser. for some reason I can't get my head rapped around where he wants this done at. Dead center of the riser self is 1 and 1/8 so he is trying to make sure the string is in the correct place. Anyone have a picture of how he wants me to check this with an arrow tried search for it and can't find anything on setting the cam on a split limb bow. Think I am over thinking this all and he said I can do it myself it is east don't even need a press to remove the string. Closet deal is over 2hrs away so trying to do this myself if possible.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: tuning help please - 08/28/18 01:39 PM

Huh? Ask him to send you a pic of what he wants. Doesn't make sense to me either.

Re: tuning help please - 08/28/18 02:39 PM

glad I am not the only one he makes it sound like I should have no trouble doing this so was making sure I was not being a complete moroan
Posted By: kmon11

Re: tuning help please - 08/28/18 02:55 PM

Sounds like he might be trying to check for cam lean or some form of timing.

Which direction do you have to make the correction on the sight? Is she using good shooting form every time? Inconsistent grip, sight picture and anchor point can also lead to not hitting the same place.

Re: tuning help please - 08/28/18 03:42 PM

tried installing the limb stops and top cam touches bottom is not even close to being able to work so this is what started the checking everything to make sure we were still in factory specs

Re: tuning help please - 08/28/18 04:09 PM

Looks like a few minutes with a bow press and draw board and have it back in business, if the one working on the bow knows their stuff. Hard to tell for sure from those pics though.

Re: tuning help please - 08/28/18 04:13 PM

thanks kmon1 will try to get it back in was just losing faith in the shops lol has just been a pain for a few weeks since the string got changed just trying to get everything dialed back in and hopping the limb stops gives her the back wall she is wanting to have

Re: tuning help please - 08/28/18 04:16 PM

Limb stops do give a great back wall, much more solid than cable stops.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum