Texas Hunting Forum

G5 Montec

Posted By: JDGambino

G5 Montec - 07/14/18 08:00 PM

Who shoots the montec?? How do they fly? Any reviews? good or bad
Posted By: varnoldi13

Re: G5 Montec - 07/14/18 08:28 PM

For my compound bow and xbow. Hog made it less than 20 yards last weekend with a pass through shoot . Real easy to follow that blood trail.

Re: G5 Montec - 07/14/18 08:34 PM

easy to sharpen?? do they hold up to bone well??
Posted By: kmon11

Re: G5 Montec - 07/15/18 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: JDGambino
easy to sharpen?? do they hold up to bone well??
They hold up quite well, have one that has been through 4 hogs. Easy to resharpen and from my compound and crossbow they fly like the same weight field tip
Posted By: passthru

Re: G5 Montec - 07/15/18 07:13 PM

Great heads. Fly great. Easy to sharpen. Blood trails can be tough due to small cutting diameters.
Posted By: esnow74

Re: G5 Montec - 07/16/18 04:24 AM

Been using them for years and zero complaints.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: G5 Montec - 07/16/18 03:54 PM

They are great for hogs. Probably the toughest head made. I don't like them for deer though. Small cutting diameter and only three blades make for one of he weakest blood trails.
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: G5 Montec - 07/16/18 05:18 PM

I've been hunting with the G5 Montec for a good bit, and have no complaints, they leave a great blood trail when needed and fly true. I've never had a deflection, and busting through bone is not a issue.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: G5 Montec - 07/16/18 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrisB
They are great for hogs. Probably the toughest head made. I don't like them for deer though. Small cutting diameter and only three blades make for one of he weakest blood trails.

My experience as well. Shot my biggest deer to date last year in KS....18 yards, double lung, with entry/exit breaking ribs. Clean pass thru. If I hadn't watched the deer run off, jump a fence, and climb hill I would have never found him. Deer didn't bleed for 300-400 yards until his started bleeding from the mouth.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: G5 Montec - 07/16/18 11:38 PM

For a fixed blade I think slick trick is hard to beat.

I have a set of Montec's and they never flew as well as the slick tricks and had a greater POI shift from field points.

Re: G5 Montec - 07/24/18 02:31 PM

could the lack of blood trail be equally due to shot placement and not 100% the broad head? I understand the big hole argument when it comes to broad heads....But a big hole does not always mean big blood. Just something to think about. Thanks for your input on the broad heads.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: G5 Montec - 07/24/18 02:53 PM

Shot placement is everything. A field point through the heart kills as good as anything. Unfortunately not every animal sits perfectly still while your arrow is on its way. The larger the hole he greater the chance of cutting something vital if things don't go perfect.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: G5 Montec - 07/24/18 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: duckhunter175
For a fixed blade I think slick trick is hard to beat.

I have a set of Montec's and they never flew as well as the slick tricks and had a greater POI shift from field points.

Word
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: G5 Montec - 07/25/18 01:31 AM

Ive shot Montec’s. Typically blood trails are not easy to follow but Ive had a few that were nice.
They kill just as well and any other but I prefer big blood trails. I shoot the G5 Havic’s and Rage Hypodermics
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum