Texas Hunting Forum

Slick Trick = Impressed!

Posted By: Bobcat4119

Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/08/18 06:57 PM

Have shot Thunder Heads all my life and never had any issues, but got the urge this year to venture out to different things. So, I got me a pack of the Slick Trick Magnums and my goodness they have impressed me! Going to be hard to go back to my old ways after my 2 week slaughter fest!!! Both these were complete pass throughs and both heads look like new. Check em' out....

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/08/18 07:24 PM

The 2nd pic is of my buck. 25 yards, double lunged, and arrow buried in the dirt 3"... He AND the hog made it right at 50 yards before piling up!
Posted By: AdanV

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/08/18 09:11 PM

coolpics
Posted By: Wacm

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/08/18 11:56 PM

Looks good. I like an x vs a large slash. Nice shooting.

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/09/18 03:40 PM

Thanks wacm. I haven't even shot at anything with my bow in 8 years and the last week of season, I took 3 hogs and a young buck! I had almost forgot how good it felt to hear that arrow breaking bones.
Posted By: mreed

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/09/18 04:21 PM

Those slick tricks will definitely do the job!!
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/09/18 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: mreed
Except for the mechanical heads. I shot a buck at point blank range (6yds) and hit the top of a rib and that's as far as it went!!! realmad
Posted By: mreed

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/10/18 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
Except for the mechanical heads. I shot a buck at point blank range (6yds) and hit the top of a rib and that's as far as it went!!! realmad

How much kinetic energy is your setup producing? I wouldn’t think it would take a very powerful setup to break through a rib at that distance. What did the BH look like?
Posted By: passthru

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/10/18 03:26 AM

I shot a pig. It died rather quickly which was good. The blood trail was non existent. I have the rest of them away.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/10/18 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy

How much kinetic energy is your setup producing? I wouldn’t think it would take a very powerful setup to break through a rib at that distance. What did the BH look like?
If I had been using my Muzzy's, it would have blown right on thru and a dead deer at the end. Instead, I watch this deer run off with nearly all my arrow sticking up. Found a little blood a long ways from impact and that's it.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/10/18 10:55 PM

Yep. like my slick tricks
Posted By: JCB

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/11/18 01:07 AM

They are pretty special. I took 3 hogs with the same head and same arrow. On the third one I have no idea where my arrow ended up or I would have been looking for my forth with it. Found the pig but no arrow.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 01/15/18 01:02 AM

^^^^^ This. I have used one on multiple hogs as well. Just resharpen if you need to then reassemble.
Posted By: nuprofessor

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 04/09/18 12:24 AM

Those are what I used when I shot my turkey last fall. They will be the broadhead on my bolts this coming weekend when I visit your State to remove some piggies.
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 04/09/18 12:45 AM

Looking good. Forrest
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 04/09/18 04:44 AM

Slick tricks ar where it's at! Been using them for last 6 years.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 04/10/18 11:05 PM

well done sir.
Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Re: Slick Trick = Impressed! - 04/27/18 02:08 PM

I agree on Slick Tricks. They've never let me down.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum