Texas Hunting Forum

Need Help!

Posted By: Null90

Need Help! - 10/02/17 08:35 PM

My bow is shooting to the left about two inches at 20 yards. My site is pegged all the way out in that direction. It has slowly started shooting left and I don't understand why. It keeps getting worse and worse. I'm left handed if that help matters. It shoot very tight groups I just don't know what to do. It has me pretty frustrated.

Re: Need Help! - 10/02/17 08:54 PM

I'm sorry, it's shooting to the right not left
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Need Help! - 10/02/17 09:36 PM

I would think the rest has moved. Probably best to take it to a pro shop.
Posted By: varnoldi13

Re: Need Help! - 10/02/17 11:50 PM

X2 check the arrow rest. You can look straight down from your upper limb bolt , towards the lower limb bolt. Arrow should follow strait in line.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Need Help! - 10/03/17 01:25 AM

Sounds like the rest has moved like the othr guys have said. What bow do you have? looking down the limbs is one way another way to check if it has a straight rod off the bow like Diamonds and some others do is nock an arrow and look down on it and if it is not lined up with the string stop rod it is usually off at the rest.

Cam lean can also cause this but usually not quite so dramatic.

Quote:
don't understand why. It keeps getting worse and worse.

That is the part that concerns me a little. Is it getting progressively worse as you shoot it or just getting worse as you move the sight? If getting worse the more you shoot it there could be a limb issue eak on a split limb or warped on a single limb.

Re: Need Help! - 10/03/17 05:54 AM

Problem solved. Bought a new bow, been wanting to upgrade for a while. The bow I was having issues with is a Elite GT500. I bought a new Bowtech RPM 360. Got a pretty smoking deal on it since it was left handed and still new on the rack from a couple of years ago. That thing shoots amazing compared to my old bow. The guy at the shop did get my bow shooting right by adjusting my rest and paper tuning it. But by that time I had my heart set on a new one. Thanks for all the input guys. Gonna try to draw first blood with the new bow in the morning.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Need Help! - 10/03/17 06:13 AM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum