Texas Hunting Forum

Thinking about a new bow

Posted By: Gringocazador

Thinking about a new bow - 11/26/15 01:54 AM

Arms better, had surgery on elbow and wrist last year. Its much better now and should be able draw a bow. Gave my my martin to my niece as a good excuse to get a new bow once my arm got better.

So many choices. I think I will start by a trip to Santa Fe Archery not far from my House in Pearland and shoot a bow or three.

Last bow was a Martin, one before that was a Bowtech.

Not sure where to state. Will probably not buy full blown top end unless I can get a deal, probalby middle of the road. I dont get to hunt that much with my job and bass fishing etc.

Comments please.

Thanks Billy
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Thinking about a new bow - 11/26/15 02:32 AM

I don't think there is a bad now company on the market. I'd forget the speed demons and short brace heights and be easy on the joints. Lots of good used bows on the market also
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Thinking about a new bow - 11/26/15 02:32 AM

Go get yourself familiar with the new bows. Shoot as many as you can and go into it with an open mind. Then when you find the bow you like, purchase it or look for a year or two old bow for sale. Bows depreciate quickly and you can pick up a top level bow often for 50% of the original price.
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: Thinking about a new bow - 11/26/15 03:19 AM

Got my bow at santa fe...nice people and they really take time to make sure youre happy. Looks like we are almost neighbors...im in Dickinson
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Thinking about a new bow - 11/26/15 06:01 PM

Indyoshi,

You are just a few miles down the road from me. I may head over to Santa Fe tomorrow and look at bows if they are open.

Thanks, Billy
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Thinking about a new bow - 11/28/15 05:53 PM

Don't overlook Athens Archery. It's still a pretty small company, but they make a quality product, it's a Christian company, and they have a lifetime transferable warranty. The down side is it's hard to find a dealer.

http://athensarchery.com/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum