Texas Hunting Forum

Palo Pinto County

Posted By: CamB

Palo Pinto County - 10/16/15 10:45 AM

Anyone haveing any luck? Very minimal deer movement not sure if it's cause of all the grass left or what? Haven't seen a deer in daylight yet and just a couple of pics of does no bucks. What about yall?
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Palo Pinto County - 10/16/15 01:17 PM

What part of Palo Pinto co are you hunting? There's no shortage of deer around PK, I have a lake house there and to and from our place I see a lot of deer.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Palo Pinto County - 10/16/15 01:40 PM

Yeah Bob but that's because you can't shoot them around the lake. I bet you see plenty of axis as well.
Posted By: CamB

Re: Palo Pinto County - 10/16/15 02:33 PM

Yeah I've seen them up there fishing and Audad they aren't hinted at all hardly
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Palo Pinto County - 10/16/15 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Yeah Bob but that's because you can't shoot them around the lake. I bet you see plenty of axis as well.

I'm not talking right on the lake but on the outskirts; and yes around the lake it's a mess. I have deer poop all around our house and I've had axis walk right past me to get a drink of water. A crying shame because I always have a bow close by. The other day I was sitting on the deck drinking my coffee and catching up on email and a mama fox and two babies strolled by without a care in the world. Right next to me a 100 yards away there is 500 acres full of deer that the owner hunts. We're on the North end of the lake, I'm not sure if the law applies there or not, but I sure don't want to test it.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Palo Pinto County - 10/16/15 09:40 PM

I would have so much trouble not eating those axis . . . grill
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum