Texas Hunting Forum

Just one more . . .

Posted By: passthru

Just one more . . . - 09/28/15 02:45 AM

Ten years ago today I had my first heart attack. It caused me to miss the bow season opener the following weekend. That hurt worse than the heart or the bills that followed.

On the final hunt on the last day of every season I pray God grants me at least one more opener. He has been a gracious God to grant me ten more. With His grace, on the last day of this season, I will ask once again for at least one more.

Every one of them is a gift from The Father. Enjoy it no matter how the hunting turns out.
Posted By: TiggerV

Re: Just one more . . . - 09/28/15 03:02 AM

Amen and Congrats......

I had a "widow-maker" back in 09 and another in 2011......Every day is a blessing. I go every chance I can now

GOOD LUCK
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Just one more . . . - 09/28/15 04:05 AM

Well said sir. I lost my dad when he was only 47 and my mother (55) is very sick with cancer. You must be thankful for each and every day on this Earth because you never know when it'll be your last up

Re: Just one more . . . - 09/28/15 10:13 PM

I will remember your mom, and you, in my prayers.
Posted By: SPITFIRE125

Re: Just one more . . . - 09/28/15 11:48 PM

Amen, it makes you realize that it really has nothing to do with the inches on a deers head but the ability to enjoy one more sunrise and sunset that the good Lord has blessed us with. Good luck this season and i hope you see plenty more opening and closing days ahead.

Clay
Posted By: cowboybam58

Re: Just one more . . . - 10/02/15 06:06 PM

This is a little off topic, but I've been fortunate enough to be a member of this forum for a few years now. I've always thought that it was a really good forum because of the way it is ran as a family friendly place, all the knowledge, good members and so forth. But reading this post just reaffirms my thoughts. It's nice to see and hear men that aren't afraid to show their faith in this day and age. I, along with many others want to say thank you to you all for letting us all know that we are not alone. My prayers go out to each and everyone of you and your families. God bless you all.

Re: Just one more . . . - 10/06/15 03:21 AM

Cool morning and comfortable evening. Another great opener.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Just one more . . . - 10/06/15 04:57 AM

It was a great day to be in the woods. Here is to many more opening days cheers

Re: Just one more . . . - 10/06/15 06:40 PM

Amen to that.
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Just one more . . . - 10/06/15 09:23 PM

Glad you're here 10 yrs later. Prayers for your Mom Titan.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum