Texas Hunting Forum

Crossbow Help Please...

Posted By: Sick Train

Crossbow Help Please... - 12/17/14 02:08 PM

My buddies wife wants to buy him a crossbow for Xmas. She asked me for some help but I know nothing about them. She wants to stay around the $500-$600 range at the most. Got online & looked at Dicks Sporting Goods & they have a Carbon Express Covert CX1 Package on sale for $349.98. They also have a Wicked Ridge Invader HP Multi-Line Package for $499.99 & a Barnett Headhunter Carbon Lite Package for $599.99. Would you fellas recommend any of these three or something else? This will be his first crossbow & has never hunted with one. Any help would be great...

Thanks!
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Crossbow Help Please... - 12/17/14 02:24 PM

Sick, I have both a Barnett Hellcat and Barnett Penetrator both from Dicks and both were in the $400-$550 range. They both shoot in the 350fps range. Crossbows are loud vs compound but the added speed should make up for it. I have no issue with either, just make sure to add rail lube and wax the non-served parts of the string and cables. Lastly, buy good targets like the Rhineharts because they are hell on targets, lots of power there..
Posted By: Sick Train

Re: Crossbow Help Please... - 12/17/14 05:11 PM

She went ahead and ordered the Carbon Express Covert CX1 Package from Dicks. It was on sale online for $349 plus free shipping. Thanks fellas...

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum