Texas Hunting Forum

Options for a new bow?

Posted By: SWtexashunter

Options for a new bow? - 12/01/14 03:19 AM

I have been shooting a bow for a couple of months now and have gotten pretty darn good. I shoot an old Hoyt Fastflite right now and looking to upgrade because it weighs nearly 6 pounds. I was thinking about another Hoyt. What do you guys think?
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Options for a new bow? - 12/01/14 04:09 AM

I always recommend shooting different bows and different brands. Most the big name manufacturers make a good bow and for me, it is all about feel and consistency. I am not a speed freak and prefer a smooth action and release. Good luck and let us know what you decide up
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Options for a new bow? - 12/01/14 03:03 PM

Every shooter is different, all bows are different you have to match shooter to bow.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Options for a new bow? - 12/01/14 03:16 PM

go shoot a BUNCH, a bow chooses the shooter like a wand chooses the wizard lol
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Options for a new bow? - 12/01/14 06:36 PM

You may be able to find a used bow that is only a couple of years old for considerably less money than a new one.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Options for a new bow? - 12/01/14 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Tactical Cowboy
You may be able to find a used bow that is only a couple of years old for considerably less money than a new one.

This! But I've never bought a new one either
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Options for a new bow? - 12/01/14 07:00 PM

If you want light and quick go with PSE or Bear.. light/quiet Diamond... heavy/overpriced Matthews peep New Hoyts fall right in the same category imo.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Options for a new bow? - 12/02/14 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
If you want light and quick go with PSE or Bear.. light/quiet Diamond... heavy/overpriced Matthews peep New Hoyts fall right in the same category imo.

Shots fired! Shots fired!
Posted By: SWtexashunter

Re: Options for a new bow? - 12/02/14 01:51 AM

Yeah I might settle with a cheaper used bow from one of the big brands. I definitely wanna get some shots fired first though!
Posted By: bcranch

Re: Options for a new bow? - 12/02/14 05:48 PM

Good advice, try as many options as you can. Other things to consider are recoil and noise. Used bows can be a good option and last years flagship bow from a big name can come at a huge discount, you just have to make sure that it is in good shape. I have shot Bowtech bows for the last several years and have been more than satisfied, but a bow is like a rifle, one mans trash is another mans treasure.
Good luck
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum