Texas Hunting Forum

draw length question

Posted By: Arrowslinger82

draw length question - 10/27/14 05:02 AM

ok i measure at a 27.5 but prefer a 28. i recently was using my buddy's bow and its a 28.5 and fit me well.. any thoughts? i know i didn't grow.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: draw length question - 10/27/14 05:14 AM

Varying anchor points? Different release? Fully extending bow arm? Shoulders not extended when measuring? ........

Lots of things can make an inch difference in draw length. One of the problems with new archers especially in fitting a bow to them is inconsistency in shooting form. Lots of archers shoot the wrong draw length for them the bow should fit the archer not the other way around.

When fitting a bow to a shooter the "measured" draw length is a good place to start it is not uncommon for the measured length to be a half inch or inch off from what really fits well.
Posted By: JThoele

Re: draw length question - 10/27/14 11:09 AM

^yep. Also grip angle of different bows can place your bow arm at a different angle and account for a little different length

Re: draw length question - 10/27/14 12:27 PM

Feels like the anchor is the same. I'm still shooting good groups same release as I've always used. So I dunno.
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: draw length question - 10/27/14 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Varying anchor points? Different release? Fully extending bow arm? Shoulders not extended when measuring? ........

Lots of things can make an inch difference in draw length. One of the problems with new archers especially in fitting a bow to them is inconsistency in shooting form. Lots of archers shoot the wrong draw length for them the bow should fit the archer not the other way around.

When fitting a bow to a shooter the "measured" draw length is a good place to start it is not uncommon for the measured length to be a half inch or inch off from what really fits well.

This is the best explanation I can think of
Posted By: Navasot

Re: draw length question - 10/27/14 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1

cheers bow shop wanted to turn mine down 2 inches... nope cant do it
Posted By: ancuegar

Re: draw length question - 10/27/14 07:29 PM

my dl is 28" normally, but on my insanity i have it at 27.5" and it feels better there. guess its what feels best.

Re: draw length question - 10/27/14 07:59 PM

what all changes when you change cams? does your peep have to move and your sight pins move too?
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: draw length question - 10/28/14 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Arrowslinger82
what all changes when you change cams? does your peep have to move and your sight pins move too?
Uh.. Yeah
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: draw length question - 10/28/14 04:13 AM

If you changed cams everything else changed and if you are still shooting well you have probably adjusted to the bow, not the other way around. It would seem logical it would have to be re-tuned with new cams and string. Was it new cams or new draw modules, that would be a different scenario.

Re: draw length question - 10/28/14 04:32 AM

i actually haven't changed anything YET. I'm debating leaving it alone, especially since its been tuned. ll i need to do is change the pins since I'm shooting heavier arrows than he is
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: draw length question - 10/28/14 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Arrowslinger82
i actually haven't changed anything YET. I'm debating leaving it alone, especially since its been tuned. ll i need to do is change the pins since I'm shooting heavier arrows than he is

If it's working for you why change it?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum