Texas Hunting Forum

Got a new sight

Posted By: Wburke2010

Got a new sight - 09/29/14 08:26 PM

Well for the last two days I have been watching a spike that needs to go but he has not got closer than fifty yards. I had the perfect chance for a good shot today but I don't have a fifty yard pin. Only a 40. So after this mornings hunt I went into Texarkana to a bow show and they had a cbe tec hybrid single pin sight. Got it all put on and dialed in and ready to go. I have been shooting out to sixty today. From twenty to fourth yards my groups are good and tight then open up a little after that. More practice and I will be comfortable to fifty. I'll be in the tree till we'd morning so I hope I can make something happen.

Walter
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Got a new sight - 09/29/14 08:38 PM

It's hard to make a 50yd shot on a WT without them dunking the string or something else not good happening.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Got a new sight - 09/29/14 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: wburke2010
Well for the last two days I have been watching a spike that needs to go but he has not got closer than fifty yards. I had the perfect chance for a good shot today but I don't have a fifty yard pin. Only a 40. So after this mornings hunt I went into Texarkana to a bow show and they had a cbe tec hybrid single pin sight. Got it all put on and dialed in and ready to go. I have been shooting out to sixty today. From twenty to fourth yards my groups are good and tight then open up a little after that. More practice and I will be comfortable to fifty. I'll be in the tree till we'd morning so I hope I can make something happen.

Walter

Love my cbe trek hybrid

Re: Got a new sight - 09/29/14 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
It's hard to make a 50yd shot on a WT without them dunking the string or something else not good happening.

It is going to be a last choice deal. I have him on camera closer to the feeder and two weeks ago watched him walk 15 yards from the stand but the last to days he hasn't. I am very comfortable to forty yards and have shot that far practicing for a long time. But with my new sight I can get more accurate because the single pin with the light inside I can see it better with no clutter around it.

Also I will not shoot a deer that is alerted and knows something is going on. But for the last two days he has had no clue I was there and is relaxed. Given the right opportunity with everything working out and I feel comfortable with it he will get a arrow. I have taken a number of hogs and a ram out to and including 40 yards but the shot has to be right.

Walter

Re: Got a new sight - 09/29/14 09:12 PM

Bobo it is awesome and I took your advice on it from the last time I asked about sights and now wish I had done it sooner.

Walter
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Got a new sight - 09/29/14 09:13 PM

Hogs is different story, I will launch a arrow 100 yards if need be, lol.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Got a new sight - 09/29/14 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: wburke2010
Bobo it is awesome and I took your advice on it from the last time I asked about sights and now wish I had done it sooner.

Walter

It makes practicing a lot funner that's for sure!!!

Glad it's working out great for you!!!

Re: Got a new sight - 09/29/14 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Hogs is different story, I will launch a arrow 100 yards if need be, lol.

I agree. But the more I practice at farther ranges the easier the closer ones are. I really don't have much past thirty yards at my current setup that I can take.

Walter
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum