Texas Hunting Forum

Crossbow worked awesome

Posted By: cbkyle

Crossbow worked awesome - 09/29/14 11:30 AM

Well i had to move to a crossbow this year due to my shoulder and couldnt do the compound any longer. Sunday morning i harvested the big ugle cow horn spike that needed to go. Didnt get a pic because its nothing worth taking a pic of, but man the xbow was awesome. deer only ran 26 yards after a good shot. blew through lungs and he coughed blood the whold time. Now have some meat in freezer for momma and the boys.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Crossbow worked awesome - 09/29/14 11:33 AM

Congrats on the kill! Beats mowing the yard!

Re: Crossbow worked awesome - 09/29/14 12:11 PM

Yeah but next weekend is a weekend to stay home and do some work. Tell you what though, it was muggy and rainy/drizzly. not a lot of deer moving. Pin Oak trees are loaded this year with acorns and deer starting to hit those. Time to possbily find a trail and make the move with stand over an oak tree area.
Posted By: wtjim

Re: Crossbow worked awesome - 09/29/14 01:25 PM

Congratulations! I've bow hunted for 30 years and have gone from one extreme, knapping obsidian points and killing with them to speed freak compound days. Nowadays I like to rifle hunt being a guide for my wife. I hunt with crossbow now too. Only reason I considered it was got drawn for TPWD crossbow hunt when they had them. I love it! It has it's own unique feel and fun. I recommend others to try it.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Crossbow worked awesome - 09/29/14 02:24 PM

Congrats cheers
Posted By: crosshare

Re: Crossbow worked awesome - 09/29/14 07:10 PM

Congrats! cheers
Hope to get out soon and do the same with my Xbow

Re: Crossbow worked awesome - 09/29/14 09:11 PM

Tell you what also...the muzzy fixed broadheads work great too on xbow. I used them all the time on compound and it made a nice whole and cut up the inside. Good blood trail, but had to hurry due to the rain/wet. Blood was falling off the grass quickly.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Crossbow worked awesome - 09/29/14 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Congrats cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum