Texas Hunting Forum

Handgun OK

Posted By: Bmnloader

Handgun OK - 09/25/14 05:21 PM

I know I saw this topic the other day but cant find it. Somebody had a link to the TPWD law that allows you to OC during archery season. At least I think it was OC. I know you can concealed carry with a license but didn't the change the law?
Posted By: jskin

Re: Handgun OK - 09/25/14 05:38 PM

I don't think you can carry a handgun during archery unless you have a CHL. I could be wrong......it happened once!
Posted By: howabouttheiris

Re: Handgun OK - 09/25/14 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: jskin
I don't think you can carry a handgun during archery unless you have a CHL. I could be wrong......it happened once!

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/outdoor-annual/editorial/2014-2015/new-for-2014-2015

Hunting Regulations

Means and Methods

It is now lawful for any person (other than a convicted felon) to possess a firearm while hunting deer or turkey during an archery-only season; however, the use of a firearm to take turkey or deer during an archery season remains unlawful.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Handgun OK - 09/25/14 05:53 PM

Glad they changed it. Always was a grey area if you were hunting hogs.
Posted By: jskin

Re: Handgun OK - 09/25/14 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: howabouttheiris
Originally Posted By: jskin

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/outdoor-annual/editorial/2014-2015/new-for-2014-2015

Hunting Regulations

Means and Methods

It is now lawful for any person (other than a convicted felon) to possess a firearm while hunting deer or turkey during an archery-only season; however, the use of a firearm to take turkey or deer during an archery season remains unlawful.

now twice bang
Posted By: Bmnloader

Re: Handgun OK - 09/25/14 05:59 PM

Thanks guys. Sorry for the second post about this but searching on the forum(any of them) leaves a little to be desired.

Thanks again!
Posted By: howabouttheiris

Re: Handgun OK - 09/25/14 06:00 PM

It is nice to have for hog/predator self defense.

Remember: you still cannot use it to finish off an injured deer that was originally shot by an arrow.
(because folks could shoot 1st, arrow 2nd)

Remember: you still cannot carry into places (like balcones canyonlands check in station) that are federal.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Handgun OK - 09/25/14 10:17 PM

What about public land? Same laws or no?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum