Texas Hunting Forum

Silent Rain Gear???

Posted By: AdvTX

Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/08/14 04:06 PM

almost everyone I've talked to is predicting a wet winter.

The only thing I don't have is good quiet rain gear...what do y'all recommend?

Thanks
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/08/14 04:15 PM

No such thing.

Well let me rephrase that. No such thing unless you want a really heavy not very breathable jacket jacket.

You can buy waterproof hunting jackets and pants that are semi quiet but the will get really heavy when wet.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/08/14 04:18 PM

What ever you decide on make sure its critically seam sealed.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/08/14 04:32 PM

Rivers West rain gear is silent and stretches with you. Sat through over an inch of rain last year on one hunt and did not get wet other than a little that came in though the face area. Like I thought the deer showed up right after the rain stopped, though the one I was looking for never showed. That was a good test for the gear though.

http://www.riverswest.com/awf-hunting.html

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/08/14 04:41 PM

I have tried several and IMO the Rivers West is the best so far. Prior to that would have said Browning Hydro fleece. The Hydro fleece is still going good and was bought in 97, but is too heavy for most bow hunting. These days it only comes out for very cold days (so not used much in Texas)

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/08/14 04:45 PM

Rivers West is what I found by doing my own searching and I was hoping someone would recommend it without me mentioning it.

Do you use the Pioneer?

Thanks

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/08/14 04:55 PM

What I have is the original Spyder jacket and outlaw pants. Got it at Ray's hardware 4 or 5 years ago. Still going strong and has been hunted in a lot and not just on rainy days since it is comfortable and quiet.

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/08/14 06:45 PM

I hit the wallet and ordered the Pioneer pants and jacket I think it will be a good investment.

Thanks

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/08/14 08:13 PM

Should work great and last a long time
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/09/14 07:39 PM

Another vote for Rivers West, I know you bought already but you won't regret. We call it the invincible gear
Posted By: passthru

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/12/14 03:33 PM

Good tip. I have decent rain gear but it's been a round a few years and I've gotten more round in those few years so . . . blush
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/12/14 04:00 PM

I keep a pair of fog toggs in my truck, great for fishing and I hunt out of my Double Bull blind so the only time I need rain protection is when I'm walking to my blind, and inside my blind I wear a black jacket so I don't spend any money on something I really don't need.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/13/14 02:29 AM

I have a black and camo Frogg togg but they are noisy. I like tripods and ladders as much as possible but will sit a pop up if need be. Really bad weather is one of those times.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/16/14 04:56 PM

http://www.cascadedirect.net/category-s/1817.htm

GO LOOK AT THIS CRAZY GOOD PRICES RIGHT NOW
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/18/14 10:12 AM

thanks
Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Silent Rain Gear??? - 09/18/14 02:34 PM

Frogg toggs
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum