Texas Hunting Forum

help with cross bow

Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

help with cross bow - 09/03/14 03:29 PM

Sorta new to hunting and totally new to hunting with a cross bow. looking to spend about $400.00 on a new crossbow or if suggested that I would be better off buying a used one. Will be hunting for deer so suggestions on brands, places to buy, accessories etc. Any info will help. Iam in the dfw area and have looked up a few archery shops along with the big name stores. so was wanting help from the THF before I spend money on something I shouldnt have. Thanks to all.
Posted By: sw53

Re: help with cross bow - 09/03/14 05:44 PM

A co-worker that has been a lifelong archer and now crossbow shooter told me a Barnett Recruit will do all you need out to 60 yards.Ebay has the whole setup for around 250.00
Posted By: j3x

Re: help with cross bow - 09/03/14 10:28 PM

I researched quite a bit last year before getting my first crossbow. After reading tons of reviews and articles I settled on a Wicked Ridge Warrior by Tenpoint. I must say I couldn't be happier so far.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: help with cross bow - 09/04/14 01:49 AM

Wicked ridge Warrior or Parker Enforcer are good bows for around 450 in the big stores. Not sure about the online prices. I would stay away from the China made Barnetts, too many issues IMO.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: help with cross bow - 09/04/14 03:04 AM

Not sure if its still there, but there's a nice Excalibur in the classifieds for ~$480. I think it was an Ibex. Excaliburs are great machines.
Posted By: toolman

Re: help with cross bow - 09/04/14 03:52 PM

I just bought a PSE Toxic from American Archery for $280 to my door. 325 FPS, 4 arrows, rope cocker, scope, quiver, wax, sling, and field points. This thing is fast and stupid accurate.

http://www.americanarcherysupply.com/pse20tcrscpa.html

edit: sorry, the link is for the skullworks camo, mine is Mossy Oak Infinity and is $20 less than the skullworks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum