Texas Hunting Forum

Bow hunting tripod

Posted By: rangerhomer

Bow hunting tripod - 03/10/13 04:32 AM

I hunt in Ozona tx. There are no trees except mesquite. The tallest tree is 12 ft. I am looking for the best bow hunting tripod and suggestions on how not to get busted by smell. I prepare my clothes and bathe in all the right stuff. Just need a little more specifics on spray and any other suggestions. Thank you!
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Bow hunting tripod - 03/10/13 04:52 AM

Hunt the wind. Works better than any product money can buy. Try to set up so that there is a natural barrier behind the stand (like a tank or fence line) that will deter deer from going around you. Have a couple of spots and only hunt them in the right wind, don't push them.

I have used 6' tripods an had success. IMO, backdrop and shade is more important than cover in the front. I have used hog panels and laced them with broomweeds for a backdrop. The broomweeds blend in well with the mesquites.

We also have had great success with ground blinds.
Posted By: BgBkHunter

Re: Bow hunting tripod - 03/10/13 05:04 PM

South Texas Tripods work great. Lil pricey, but very mobile, quiet, and comfortable.
Posted By: Never missed

Re: Bow hunting tripod - 03/11/13 01:49 AM

What's a south texas tripod?
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Bow hunting tripod - 03/11/13 03:22 AM

Da Wind
Posted By: hamza

Re: Bow hunting tripod - 03/11/13 05:14 AM

Ground Blinds placed well ahead of season are mighty effective. Brush em in.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Bow hunting tripod - 03/11/13 05:23 AM

And a perfect home for a dimond back... Lol I just got back from tha ozona lease and I found one cedar were I wanted to put my setup that's tall enough and strong enough for a lean too or lock on but just gona sink a cheap tripod in it....
Posted By: BgBkHunter

Re: Bow hunting tripod - 03/12/13 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Never missed
What's a south texas tripod?

www.southtexastripodsandfeeders.com/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum