Texas Hunting Forum

Elite Bows

Posted By: Fireguy155

Elite Bows - 02/04/13 06:25 PM

Looking for input from anyone with experience shooting an Elite bow. I've been shooting a Matthews but shoulder surgery has forced me to put it down. Elite was recommended to me as a good choice to continue bow hunting.
Posted By: eastex

Re: Elite Bows - 02/04/13 06:35 PM

I have a Z28 and I love it. Its extremely smooth and is easy to hold at full draw. Im sure they have made more improvements since mine was made so I bet they are even better now.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Elite Bows - 02/04/13 06:44 PM

I have a GTO. Love it but its not a shoulder friendly bow.

I would look at the hunter model or an old switch back xt
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Elite Bows - 02/04/13 07:43 PM

I love the Answer, if I needed a new bow right now it would be the one.
Posted By: cmorsch

Re: Elite Bows - 02/05/13 02:00 AM

I loved my Elite Judge, it is still one of my all time favorite bows I have ever shot, plus the warrenty on them is hard to beat. The only down side is you have to buy new mods every time you need to change the DL of the bow, so it makes resale a little tough.

Re: Elite Bows - 02/05/13 09:03 PM

Cool. Thanks for the input everyone!! I currently have the Matthews Switchback. The Elite "Answer" was one of my serious model considerations.

BOBO - Did not see the GTO in their lineup. Is that a short or longer axle bow?

Re: Elite Bows - 02/05/13 09:10 PM

Shorter its no longer made 2007 model

Re: Elite Bows - 02/05/13 09:17 PM

Gotcha! Thanks
Posted By: Gummi Bear

Re: Elite Bows - 02/06/13 12:09 AM

I shoot a 2009 GT-500

It is pretty quick, extremely smooth and a joy to shoot.

Elite is good about taking care of it if you want different limbs too, your dealer can order them.

My bow is 35" ATA and 7-1/4" brace height.

Re: Elite Bows - 02/07/13 01:01 PM

Thanks Gummi. I'm going to try one in a shop if I can find one in the Dallas metroplex area.

Re: Elite Bows - 02/07/13 04:50 PM

Best Elite Tech in the state is not too far from Dallas. Rednek Booda outdors in Kerens, Tx. He has people come in from all over the country to setup and work on their Elite Bows. Last year when TXW and I were in the getting a new bow for TXW, he had a guy fly in from Las Vegas to buy an Elite bow from him.

If Jerry sets up a bow for you, it is going to be perfect or he is not going to let you leave the shop with it.

Re: Elite Bows - 02/07/13 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
Best Elite Tech in the state is not too far from Dallas. Rednek Booda outdors in Kerens, Tx. He has people come in from all over the country to setup and work on their Elite Bows. Last year when TXW and I were in the getting a new bow for TXW, he had a guy fly in from Las Vegas to buy an Elite bow from him.

If Jerry sets up a bow for you, it is going to be perfect or he is not going to let you leave the shop with it.

Hell not just elite best dual cam binary cam type bows tech period
Posted By: Wes70

Re: Elite Bows - 02/09/13 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
I have a GTO. Love it but its not a shoulder friendly bow.

I would look at the hunter model or an old switch back xt

What he said.

Look at Athens. Smooth draw at a 60# and your still shooting over 300fps. That is if you are a speed guy.

Re: Elite Bows - 02/09/13 07:52 PM

Thank guys. Anyone ever dealt with a dealer West of Sherman called Bullzeye Archery? That shows to be the closest Elite dealer to me. If not, I may be headed for Kerens.

Re: Elite Bows - 02/11/13 12:21 AM

Goto Kerens, you won't regret it.

Bobo,

I saw your bow Friday, nice rig.

Re: Elite Bows - 02/11/13 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
Goto Kerens, you won't regret it.

Bobo,

I saw your bow Friday, nice rig.

Lol, thanks, funny I actually picked it up sat and left my insanity there for new strings and a tune.

Re: Elite Bows - 02/11/13 12:03 PM

Should have been there Friday afternoon. Stopped by there on the way to Goldthwaite, I always say I am just going to run in say hi see how Jerry is doing and be out in 15 minutes. as usuaul 2 and a half hours later, I finally get back on the road and have ordered a new bow for my oldest girl.

Re: Elite Bows - 02/11/13 01:30 PM

OK, Kearns it is!!

Re: Elite Bows - 02/11/13 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: gsc155
OK, Kearns it is!!

You wont be sorry! Jerry carries, elite, bowtech, mathews and hoyt.

Re: Elite Bows - 02/12/13 01:02 PM

I bet he will love it when I tell him that BOBO the Clown referred me in. LOL

Re: Elite Bows - 02/12/13 02:02 PM

Or Jon smile

Re: Elite Bows - 02/12/13 02:14 PM

Tell Jerry I recommended him too.

While your in there take a couple of shots with the Mathews Monster Chill, I was super impressed with it. I haven't shot a Mathews I really liked in several years. The new monster is very nice.

Got to see Bowtechs latest bow too, The Experience. Was not impressed at all. My current bow is a Bowtech, but nothing in their current line up would want to make me buy one now.

Just rambling and avoiding work.
Posted By: BAR940

Re: Elite Bows - 02/12/13 07:55 PM

My New Breed Genetix may be on the m arket soon so I can get an Elite Pulse. If I can afford to hold onto it I will as I like the peace of mind having a backup bow already fully rigged out. But if not I'll sell it to get my hands on a Pulse.

Re: Elite Bows - 02/13/13 01:17 PM

Thanks Chuck and BoBo! Thanks to all that have helped steer me on this thread. You have all made my first experience here on the forum a really good one!!

Re: Elite Bows - 02/13/13 01:46 PM

Any time...

Re: Elite Bows - 02/13/13 02:13 PM

Stick around, let us know how it goes.
Posted By: corps2010

Re: Elite Bows - 03/27/13 02:48 AM

In the past two years, I've owned a PSE Evo, a Bowtech Insanity, Mathews Switchback XT and a 2012 Elite Answer. Hands down the Elite is the best bow out of them all.. 70#, 29" DL with D-loop, 376 gr Carbon Express Maximas Pro series at 302 FPS. It has the smoothest draw cycle of them all, deep valley and a dream to shoot. Don't waste your money on the speed cams either. They don't increase your speed as much as they advertise and completely take away form the smoothness of the bow. Hope this helps.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum