Texas Hunting Forum

THF group hunt to IL

Posted By: huntnguide83

THF group hunt to IL - 01/18/13 02:19 AM

anyone interested in getting together for a hunt in IL at Western Illinois Trophy Outfitters? My buddies and I are booking October 28-Nov.1 this will be our 3rd trip up there, and we can't wait to get back up there. THe moon phase should be perfect and that time frame should be all over the rut as well. Cost is $2500 which includes lodging. Tags run $410 and you must draw for them but it's almost a 100% chance you will get a tag. Licenses are around $30 too if my memory serves me. SO WHO WANTS TO GO?

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/18/13 05:38 PM

NO one???
Posted By: crankn101

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/18/13 06:00 PM

I cant go but I am interested in your guys success, in other words...POST PICS.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/18/13 07:14 PM

What kind of deer are we talking?
Posted By: madhatr02

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/18/13 08:14 PM

Very interested need to Chech the dates with work. What size deer and is this bow only?
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/18/13 09:02 PM

Illinois is one of, if not the best spot in the world to kill a trophy whitetail. I have been several times. In Illinois you have a realistic chance at a 150" or better whitetail. They are there. I have seen 200" deer every year that I have been there. I just havent been lucky enough to smoke one yet. I had shots every year. Just making it happen is my probelm!!!

Tags are $423 if you apply online and you will get drawn.

License is $60 when you get there.

Those dates are good dates. Should try to be up there the next week. There is a reason all those boys call it Sweet November.

Here are some pics from my 2011 Trip. This past year we only shot does.
www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2742434/Pike_County_pics
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/18/13 09:04 PM

And yes it is bow only during that time of the year.

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/19/13 12:41 AM

fellas, they have a 130" minimum on any buck of your choice. as fox trot has stated this is a bow only hunt. In my two trips last year I saw a 170" plus deer on each trip. In fact in two trips I saw 6 deer over 160" including a high 160 low 70's class 8 point that made it through the season. If i would have been better prepared in being more comfortable at shooting 40 yards I would have drilled him and various other bucks. I saw a legal shooter every trip as well. this is a fair chase and tough hunt. there were hunts were I only saw one deer and others where I saw a good amount of deer. Hunter and his guides are first rate guys in my book and do everything to make your trip a good one. feel free to PM me or call me if you have any questions. Depending on how many buddies of mine go we may have some room if anyone wants to carpool as well.

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/21/13 01:14 PM

TTT

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/23/13 06:45 PM

Still have a few spots open if anyone wants to join.

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/23/13 07:38 PM

still working out the details with work making sure I will have the days off, the days you picked just happen to be my entire shift (Tuesday-Friday) that week.

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/24/13 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: madhatr02
still working out the details with work making sure I will have the days off, the days you picked just happen to be my entire shift (Tuesday-Friday) that week.

Man that sucks! If it doesn't work out I can get you hooked up with Hunter for some alternate dates or if i make a late season return trip your welcome to come along then as well. That's the good thing about WITO they welcome you back later in the year at no charge if you are unsuccessful.

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/24/13 06:00 AM

Originally Posted By: huntnguide83

Man that sucks! If it doesn't work out I can get you hooked up with Hunter for some alternate dates or if i make a late season return trip your welcome to come along then as well. That's the good thing about WITO they welcome you back later in the year at no charge if you are unsuccessful.

Really that is awesome. I am not out yet. What is the deposit? When is it due? When is the draw paperwork due?

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/24/13 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: huntnguide83

Really that is awesome. I am not out yet. What is the deposit? When is it due? When is the draw paperwork due?

Normally the deposit is 1/2 down but Hunter will work with you on it. Need $500 down to reserve your spot. I will have to check on when the draw opens up but I think it's in April? but don't hold me to that.

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/25/13 11:20 PM

evening bump...if you happen to be a facebook user, be sure to like WITO's page and get 10% off your hunt if you book by the end of this month!

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/26/13 05:20 AM

so $2250 for this hunt? I already booked my Moose hunt in August. I could probably go I have the vacation just very hard to commit this early in the season. Will make up my mind before the month ends so I can save the 10%.

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/27/13 12:33 AM

so $2250 for this hunt? I already booked my Moose hunt in August. I could probably go I have the vacation just very hard to commit this early in the season. Will make up my mind before the month ends so I can save the 10%.

That's right. Or 10% off any hunt booked by end of month if you choose another date. I talk to Hunter quite a bit and their openings are booking up quick for the year.

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/28/13 02:03 PM

4 more days to book your hunt and take advantage of the 10% off deal! Hunter and his crew have found some giant sheds already from a few big boys that made it through the season.

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 01/29/13 12:28 PM

2 days to get the 10% off your hunt! don't miss out!

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 02/10/13 06:03 AM

See you boys in Illinois!!

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 02/11/13 10:17 PM

still several spots open for the season.

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 02/18/13 06:57 PM

Up again...still spots available!
Posted By: walden

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 02/20/13 02:59 AM

Went to WITO last year. Hunters a cool guy, we had terrible weather and I still managed tO see some shooters. And I can assure you they will do EVERYTHING in their power to get you a deer. Bump for a good hunt

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 02/20/13 06:10 PM

Bump!

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 02/25/13 01:33 PM

WITO just started offering 10% off their hunts. If you ever wanted to hunt IL now's the time to book!

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 03/01/13 02:00 PM

For all of your facebook users check out bowhunting freaks. They are giving away a free hunt at WITO.
Posted By: DoubleTrouble

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 03/01/13 05:50 PM

Lol.....you a prostaffer w WITO?

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 03/04/13 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: DoubleTrouble
Lol.....you a prostaffer w WITO?

Nope, just like to promote good outfits. These days it's hard finding an outfitter that's as hard working as they are. I'll keep spending my money with em' as long as they are in business no doubt!

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 03/11/13 05:55 PM

TTT. Still a few spots open & they have 5 spots left for the gun season.

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 03/17/13 10:30 AM

Got a nice group of guys heading up. There's still spots open in the group and other dates as well. Don't miss out!
Posted By: Sprman

Re: THF group hunt to IL - 03/20/13 03:14 PM

Great hunt with some great people. Hopefully things will work out and I can sneak up there with y'all this year again. Seeing that 190+ last year and not being able to get a shot of SUCKED!!!! But that's hunting.

If anyone of you are on the fence, Get off the fence and get up there. You won't be disappointed. Also, going after turkey up there is another option. They have plenty of them available as well
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum