Texas Hunting Forum

Replacing your bow?

Posted By: Holland

Replacing your bow? - 01/02/12 01:52 AM

With all the technology in the sport these days it seems as if you can stand in the bow shop and and shoot the different bows and try the the different sights, rest, release ect... to choose the perfect rig for your comfort and needs, but by the time you are tuned up and the ink is drying on your credit card receipt you notice the the pro behind the counter opening the newest latest and greatest Super Shooter 6000! And all you can say is well damn if i would have waited another day! I guess what my question is, how often do you guys use a rig till you decide you want to upgrade?

Posted By: Holland

Re: Replacing your bow? - 01/02/12 01:54 AM

I think taht i read on a thread the other day there was a fella that said he does every year.

Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Replacing your bow? - 01/02/12 02:17 AM

I wish i could every year but there is nothin wrong with me bow now. I would say i upgrade about 4-5 years

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Replacing your bow? - 01/02/12 03:11 AM

I used to do that every year, but my bow is still doing the job and most of the time it's not the bow it's the person behind it. I have friends that are still hunting with bows they have had since the 90's and they tag out every year... It's just money.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Replacing your bow? - 01/02/12 05:13 PM

My LX is still a killer. Has been for 7 1/2 years. I bought a Z7 Extreme for two reasons. It's a little quieter and the shorter A2A will work much better in pop up blinds which I find myself using more and more.

Posted By: coreybasshunter

Re: Replacing your bow? - 01/03/12 02:56 AM

if it aint broke dont fix (or replace it). If you have a bow that is doing what you need there is no need to replace it. unless you have the money and like owning the biggest and baddest as soon as it comes out.

Posted By: BYPATHofNIGHT

Re: Replacing your bow? - 01/04/12 10:41 PM

I'm pretty much old school about my equipment. If it still works, I don't get rid of it.

Posted By: cmc

Re: Replacing your bow? - 01/04/12 11:45 PM

Killed this doe two days ago and anybody that knows anything about a Matthews can tell how old that FX is. Oh the hell I catch when I pull this thing out. Deer dont seem to notice. I use one till it quits working I think this one was bought in 1999.

Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Replacing your bow? - 01/05/12 03:13 AM

I understand a lot of the makers put out their new models in late summer for this same reason. I shoot an '09 Admiral and can't see spending another (almost) $1,000.

Posted By: TXPredHunter

Re: Replacing your bow? - 01/06/12 09:56 PM

I just bought a PSE stinger and it is AMAZING only 400 bucks with the bells and whistles

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum