Texas Hunting Forum

How to quite bow on draw?

Posted By: VL Homes

How to quite bow on draw? - 11/23/11 01:34 AM

In october it seemed like I had no problem drawing on deer. Now I can't catch a break, it seems my bow makes some noise drawing back it's not excessive just lookin for tips to get the edge!

Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/23/11 02:10 AM

Minimize your movements. Extend bow arm towards target. If elevated lean to target. You want the draw which is the noisiest movement to be the final step. Drawing straight back to your anchor point, settling pin and releasing. No sky pulling. You should be able to draw slow enough to control those bow noises. If not then lower draw weight. Make sure your rest is quiet also. Add some felt to the arrow contact point. May need to add some more cover to your stand too. They could be seeing your movements more than hearing. Practice on that mature doe that busts you all the time. Good luck

Posted By: Death_By_Broadhead

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/23/11 05:00 AM

I've experienced this before. When I would draw back, the deer would hear something then be alert.

The first time it was a cheap plastic arrow rest.

The second time it was the rough finish on the carbon arrows.

On windy days, it is not that big an issue but on calm days it can make or break you.

I would troubleshoot the rest/arrow combination and resolve it ASAP. You need to be quite when drawing back.

I hope this helps.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/23/11 03:49 PM

Without us drawing it back it's hard to tell how to help you; there are many things that can contribute to that problem.

Posted By: Bowtech1233

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/23/11 05:35 PM

What kind of rest are you using?

Posted By: Navasot

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/23/11 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski
Without us drawing it back it's hard to tell how to help you; there are many things that can contribute to that problem.

^^^this.....if its your rest you may need to put a little fabric on there to keep from sliding noise...is it in you cams,rollers? strings?....check all skrews and moving parts make sure nothing is loose...just sounds like you might need to do a tune up if you have been shootin it for a few years

Posted By: swamp

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/23/11 05:44 PM

another idea is powdered graphite.

Posted By: passthru

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/24/11 12:02 AM

Most of the time it's my heart beating out of my chest.

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/24/11 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: passthru

I've often wondered if the deer could hear my chest pounding, that's the reason I bow hunt. To me I'd rather take a doe with a bow than a 170 class buck with a rifle. I just don't get that thrill with a rifle.

Posted By: RLoving1

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/24/11 03:51 PM

I've often wondered if the deer could hear my chest pounding, that's the reason I bow hunt. To me I'd rather take a doe with a bow than a 170 class buck with a rifle. I just don't get that thrill with a rifle.

Not me..I have shot a few does...give me a trophy and rifle! I'll go back to freezer filling after I take him to taxidermist! banana

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/24/11 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: RLoving1

Not me..I have shot a few does...give me a trophy and rifle! I'll go back to freezer filling after I take him to taxidermist! banana

And you're a big big puss too!! I'll see you this afternoon when you get there, drive carefully.

Posted By: passthru

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/25/11 02:22 AM

Oh, I can handle both with the bow. Or the rifle if need be.

Posted By: Shl0g

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/25/11 05:47 PM

I've often wondered if the deer could hear my chest pounding, that's the reason I bow hunt. To me I'd rather take a doe with a bow than a 170 class buck with a
rifle. I just don't get that thrill with a rifle.

X2........if you can combine the 170 with a bow......dream come true!

Posted By: John Smith

Re: How to quite bow on draw? - 11/27/11 05:17 PM

Go traditional and eliminate all the metal

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum