Texas Hunting Forum

Lake Whitney

Posted By: Montie

Lake Whitney - 10/27/11 04:29 PM

Just wondering if any one hunting Whitney has found any acorns? I normaly huunt 3 areas and I always have acorns around. I have only found a few in the trees and very few on the ground. It has been very dry and everything is suffering. I havent patterned the deer yet. I have water close by and some cattle pastures with some grass, but not seeing deer. In the summer I did see deer in my normal areas. This dry summer has turned everything around. Anyone else haveing the same problems?

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Lake Whitney - 10/27/11 05:32 PM

I've never hunted public land before but this year I did get a permit to hunt Whitney and Aquilla. I went out one time during dove season and it didn't look too promising for deer hunting from what I saw, I did see a lot of hog tracks and scant on the ground.

Posted By: Montie

Re: Lake Whitney - 10/27/11 05:39 PM

I may have to start huntimg hogs, I here the hogs are on north side of the lake in Bosque co. Is that where you were? I'm looking forward to vacation that I have saved up!!! Cant wait!!

Re: Lake Whitney - 10/27/11 05:52 PM

I was at Aquilla on the South side.

Posted By: BoyofSpark

Re: Lake Whitney - 11/21/11 11:47 AM

I have hunted both B-4 & B-6 this year and have not found any acorns this year. But I am seeing them only move around water.

Re: Lake Whitney - 11/21/11 04:56 PM

They have to drink, I'm sure most of the ponds are dry around there.

Posted By: Anew

Re: Lake Whitney - 11/22/11 01:53 AM

I'm out there at least 4 days a week and there is plenty of deer around that lake I'll be out there tomorrow to rain or shine I'll take my bow but if it's raining to hard I'll be on the stand at mybuddys his place is next to the public land just keep hitting it hard I promise it will pay off

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum