Texas Hunting Forum

Night time deer and hogs.

Posted By: THETEXAN

Night time deer and hogs. - 10/23/11 04:43 PM

My trail cam is showing all My deer and pigs are comming in a hour after dark and between 10:30pm and 2:00am to 5:00am. Very few daytime pics. I did have a Doe walk By Me last Wensday at 9:30 am. Sat in stand 14hrs Friday and saw nothing. Wind was right and stand is set up good. I think its still too hot. They are tearing up My place at night. Hunting Denton county.

Posted By: DoePeeOnMyFoot

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/23/11 08:39 PM

Seeing the same. Especially the mature bucks. Starting to roam alone late at night. Must be getting itchy for love. Now we just have to wait on the ladies to get frisky. Story of my teenage years. Beer used to move the process along nicely. Wonder if does drink beer.

Posted By: calcreek

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/23/11 09:01 PM

Same stuff here in Jones county. Seems like all the deer and hogs come in late at night or early in the morning. Makes me wanna buy one of those bow lights so I can bust a hog.

Posted By: trapperjustin

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/23/11 09:05 PM

The rut will change that. Just give it time. One will slip up

Posted By: B84

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/23/11 09:23 PM

Same thing in childress cty., hopefully cooler weather will bring change.

Posted By: Team By-God

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/23/11 11:07 PM

hunting 106 acres in brown co. 3 feeders and hunting by myself this wknd. hunted 1 feeder all weekend. no hooved animals seen.. checked cameras and the bucks came in twice to my feeder at night and they hit each of the other feeders once while i was there in daylight.. figures.... ive hunted 7 1/2 days this year and ive had deer eating corn only once... havent seen a hog on the hoof yet this year.. crapload on cameras tho..

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/24/11 04:13 AM

Well Thurday here in Denton Tx will Be 58 deg and rainy on and off. The wind is suppose to blow up to 30mph ! Still makes Me want to go sit in My ground blind. Come On RUT !!!

Posted By: millerliteliker

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/24/11 12:34 PM

Big mature bucks will avoid feeders alot during the day. Move your stand back inside the brush along the trails they take to the feeders. The big boys are there in daylight staging waiting for dark to approach the feeders.

My biggest bucks have been taken by ambushing them while they stage before feeding and of course during the rut.

I promise you if you will set up along game trails leading to your feeders (and especially look for scrapes along the trails) you can get a big buck early in the season during daylight. Go back there and explore and try it.

Posted By: CleerCreekDC

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/24/11 01:44 PM

I also hunt in Denton County. We have had a lot of movement durring the day but most the mature bucks are only coming in at night witht the exception of a couple hunts.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/24/11 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: trapperjustin
The rut will change that. Just give it time. One will slip up

True, they will be thinking with a complete set of rules partyon555

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/24/11 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: millerliteliker
Big mature bucks will avoid feeders alot during the day. Move your stand back inside the brush along the trails they take to the feeders. The big boys are there in daylight staging waiting for dark to approach the feeders.

My biggest bucks have been taken by ambushing them while they stage before feeding and of course during the rut.

I promise you if you will set up along game trails leading to your feeders (and especially look for scrapes along the trails) you can get a big buck early in the season during daylight. Go back there and explore and try it.
This is Public propert and My cam is right off a trail. No feeding allowed. Im hunting by this wild persimon tree they visit.

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/24/11 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: CleerCreekDC
I also hunt in Denton County. We have had a lot of movement durring the day but most the mature bucks are only coming in at night witht the exception of a couple hunts.
Im hunting public land and Im 2 miles from more than most all the other hunters will travel to hunt. I still think there feeling the pressure of everyone coming in and out of the woods. I dont hunt this stand very much so I can keep the pressure down and will only hunt it with a north or south east wind.

Re: Night time deer and hogs. - 10/26/11 03:33 PM

Anyone getting any day time pics deer moving around ? ( Not at feeders )

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum