Texas Hunting Forum

Tune Up

Posted By: nuprofessor

Tune Up - 10/20/11 05:49 AM

I have a BEAR WHITETAIL compound bow that I have had for years. Still a very good bow. Thought about getting back into bow hunting. I tried to get the bow tuned up, but the shop did not know the specs. I emailed BEAR for info- that was an absolute waste of time. They had no idea what I was looking for. Tried calling BEAR- same thing.
Just wondering if anybody in THF land could help me out & knows the specs?

And before anyone suggests it, I don't have the money to buy a new one so that is not what I want to hear. Currently out on Workers Comp with a back injury that probable needs surgery. Heck, who knows, I might not even be able to bow hunt anyway.

Posted By: Hunter Lee

Re: Tune Up - 10/20/11 12:06 PM

Maybe this website can be of some help...

http://compoundbowchoice.com/brands/bear/

Posted By: THETEXAN

Re: Tune Up - 10/20/11 04:24 PM

I had back surgery last Jan and Im having a hard time sitting in the woods hunting and pay for it the next day Ugh !!! Good luck with You back and Bow.

Posted By: nuprofessor

Re: Tune Up - 10/24/11 03:48 AM

Hunter Lee,
Thanks for the link, but my model is not even listed. I tried the 'search' button & typed in 'whitetail' but again nothing could be pulled up.

I see the doctor this Wednesday. Find out then if my bow season, and all the other seasons this fall for that matter, are even a possibility. Our bow season is open right now, but gun does not start until November 12 & is only open for 12 day.

Anybody else with a suggestion?
Thanks

Posted By: THETEXAN

Re: Tune Up - 10/24/11 05:51 AM

Use the $100.00 bucks You will pay to get Your bow fixed and put towards a newer bow. Bear offers nice bows that are awesome for hunting starting around $350.00. I shoot a Bowtech now but five yrs ago I purchased a Bear Instict for 350.00 and shot deer,pigs and turkey. Newer bows are just more quiet and faster. GOOD LUCK.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum