Texas Hunting Forum

Newbie looking for some advice.

Posted By: L.West

Newbie looking for some advice. - 09/07/11 04:03 AM

I'm thinking about getting into Bow hunting, but i don't have a lot of $$ to put into a bow set. I've been doing some research and I just stumbled upon this bow. Martin® Threshold Compound Bow. Is this a good starter bow??
Thanks for your input,

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/martin-threshold-bow-kit.aspx?a=811181

Posted By: DFWPI

Re: Newbie looking for some advice. - 09/07/11 05:14 AM

eehhhh....

Get what you pay for, but don't know if I would spend up to $250 thru them. Might wind up costing you another $100 dollars to get it set up correctly. Just my opinion though.

Posted By: Hunter Lee

Re: Newbie looking for some advice. - 09/07/11 11:32 AM

I'm fairly new to bow hunting myself and went with the PSE Nova. From what everyone told me its a great entry level bow not to mention they have made about 15 models of the Nova throughout the years. I sure like mine so far!

Posted By: Bowtech1233

Re: Newbie looking for some advice. - 09/07/11 01:15 PM

You would probably be much better off buying something used. There are some really good deals on used bows out there. First go to an archery shop and figure out your draw length, etc.

Posted By: Scalpel4

Re: Newbie looking for some advice. - 09/07/11 05:57 PM

2X on the used. A good bow will last, and if you buy one from someone on this forum or another major archery forum, you'll be assured to get something in good shape. I got my Katera used, and I don't regret it even for a second.

Posted By: krhunt

Re: Newbie looking for some advice. - 09/07/11 07:46 PM

I am also new to bow hunting. I bought a Bear Charge a few weeks ago. Price was good, and i'm very happy with it!

Posted By: BYPATHofNIGHT

Re: Newbie looking for some advice. - 09/07/11 09:38 PM

I agree with above statements; when starting out, and on a budget, going good quality used equipment can get you into the game quicker, and get you more bang for your buck.

Re: Newbie looking for some advice. - 09/08/11 11:14 PM

Thanks everyone. I found a shop in Lewisville that I plan on going to in the next week or two.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Newbie looking for some advice. - 09/09/11 12:34 AM

Is it Allstar, they are pretty good when you get the right person to wait on you, hopefully you'll get someone that knows his stuff.

Re: Newbie looking for some advice. - 09/09/11 01:12 PM

I believe so. I firgured that would be better than going to Bass Pro.

Posted By: Gummi Bear

Re: Newbie looking for some advice. - 09/10/11 12:01 AM

You figured right. Let us know how it goes!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum