Texas Hunting Forum

Climbing Stands???

Posted By: TxAgHntr

Climbing Stands??? - 08/29/11 06:14 PM

Hey guys,

I am in the market for a new (or for that matter a used) climbing treestand for bowhunting. I was going to get you guys opinions on which one ya'll thought was the best...(light weight, easy to use, safest, etc...) I am 6'5'' and about 250 if that helps with what you might recommend. I would appreciate any info and if you know of anyone that has one and might be willing to part with for a fair price I might be interested. I am located in DFW. Thanks for the help.

Posted By: haleconst

Re: Climbing Stands??? - 08/29/11 06:47 PM

I have a Summit Viper and love it, almost to comfortable. My brother has an API Grand Slam (I think thats what is called), I have hunted out of it and it is super comfortable also. I am thinking of buying a Summit 180, (I love to hunt facing the tree) and let my boy have my Viper.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Climbing Stands??? - 08/29/11 06:52 PM

I have the viper I often place it looking away from the trail and sitt on the bar...that way I have the tree blocking me.

Posted By: TxAgHntr

Re: Climbing Stands??? - 08/29/11 07:59 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Climbing Stands??? - 08/30/11 12:44 PM

I got hooked on the Buckshot stand several yesterday ago,
Have several, light easy to use, the bad points, I have no
place to hunt and they aren't available,

Posted By: Blood Trail

Re: Climbing Stands??? - 08/30/11 02:05 PM

I own two Summits. One is the 180 Max SS which is like a lazy boy attached to a tree and the other is the Open Shot. I fit nicely in both. I'm 6'0" and 285 lbs.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum