Texas Hunting Forum

Bowtech

Posted By: Alec Castonguay

Bowtech - 07/16/11 07:07 AM

I don't think bowtech makes that good of a bow. I think they just have a good name like hoyt or Mathews but I don't think they can be mentioned with them. They are not of the quality of Hoyt or Mathews. I will give them that bowtech does have a pretty awesome draw cycle................ also I would have to mention how well balanced of a bow they are......... and that speed... That speed should not be allowed on a bow that is so smooth. And the accuracy of those bows, I didn't know it was possible for a bow so fast and so smooth to be so accurate. Also the durability.....those bows will last you a lifetime. Come to think of it I'm pretty sure that bowtech makes the best bow on the market! That's why my new bow is going to be the Bowtech Invasion! I have shot this bow numerous times and it blows my Z7 out of the water which takes alot for me to say. It is faster, smoother, lighter, and a better balanced bow! I have to hand it to bowtech. When it comes time for me to upgrade I will be happy to join the bowtech family!

Posted By: bphillips

Re: Bowtech - 07/16/11 07:37 AM

not sure if you have or not but you should try the destroyers especially the 340 if you like the invasion

Re: Bowtech - 07/16/11 02:44 PM

Still have not shot that one but have wanted to. Thanks!

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Bowtech - 07/16/11 03:30 PM

Also Bowtech has a better grip... I can't stand Mathews grips, even when I was a Mathews shooter.

Posted By: scot

Re: Bowtech - 07/16/11 03:33 PM

The Mathews Koolaid of 08-10 is drying up fast. I will say if they don't bring something out special this year they are on the way out.

Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Bowtech - 07/16/11 06:10 PM

I LOVE my destroyer 350, I shot it and the 340 and the 350 just suited me better!

Re: Bowtech - 07/16/11 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: scot
The Mathews Koolaid of 08-10 is drying up fast. I will say if they don't bring something out special this year they are on the way out.

I totally agree

Posted By: CenterShot

Re: Bowtech - 07/16/11 09:40 PM

Bowtech Invasion is a power house of a bow.

Re: Bowtech - 07/16/11 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: RednekBoodaOutdoors

Are you a bowtech dealer?

Re: Bowtech - 07/16/11 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: ACWhiteTail

Yes sir!

Re: Bowtech - 07/16/11 09:59 PM

And your located In kerens correct? That is right on the way to my lease. Next time I head down there I'll stop by and check out the destroyer. See if I like it better than the invasion.

Re: Bowtech - 07/16/11 10:03 PM

And your located In kerens correct? That is right on the way to my lease. Next time I head down there I'll stop by and check out the destroyer. See if I like it better than the invasion.

Sounds good.

Posted By: Mfloski

Re: Bowtech - 07/17/11 03:20 AM

Just got a destroyer 340 and LOVE it!

Posted By: lonestar1105

Re: Bowtech - 07/17/11 03:16 PM

got a guardian in layaway,chompin at the bit to take it home

Posted By: TX1120

Re: Bowtech - 07/17/11 04:39 PM

Don't forget the Assassin!

Posted By: P & Y

Re: Bowtech - 07/18/11 01:48 AM

I upgraded this year to the destroyer 350 and couldn't be happier!!

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Bowtech - 07/18/11 01:52 AM

Yes sir!

orderd a diamond stud....should be here this week. what can you tell me about that bow?

Posted By: Csddarden

Re: Bowtech - 07/18/11 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: lonestar1105
got a guardian in layaway,chompin at the bit to take it home

Where'd you find it? I fell in love with my buddy's Guardian after shooting the Z7 for a while, but they haven't made it since 2008.

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Bowtech - 07/18/11 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: scot

I totally agree

Shouldn't you go ahead and change up your signature block?

You seemed to have switched brands.

I just shot a Z7 extream and will go take a look at the Destoryer later this week. I have to say, I went in to get check out the Mission Endeavor and went a head and shot the Z7. All that did was mess me up. I really liked the way the bow felt and shot.

My only issue with the Z7 is the price, but it really was a nice shooting bow. It seemed to be forgiving. What I like about the Mission, beside the draw, was the ability to change the weights.

Today I went to Cabela's to check out a few other bows. I shot a Diamond Fugitive and a Quest. The Diamond felt better then the Quest, but neither had a smooth draw, so I doubt I'd get either.

Can you give me some feed back on the Bowtech?

What is the difference between Destroyer 340 vs 350?

I've already got a bow, so I'm not looking for entry level. I'm also not looking to take a 2nd mortage on the house to get a new bow either. But I'd be lying to say, I've not started thinking of coming up with the extra money to get the Z7. It is over my budget, so I may weight.

Posted By: ZenArchery

Re: Bowtech - 07/18/11 01:54 PM

its the indian not their equipment....

Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Bowtech - 07/18/11 05:58 PM

I love my Bowtech.

Re: Bowtech - 07/18/11 08:42 PM

The stud is a solid single can bow. Smooth draw easy to setup all.in all a great bow.
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

Yes sir!

orderd a diamond stud....should be here this week. what can you tell me about that bow?

Posted By: lonestar1105

Re: Bowtech - 07/18/11 09:12 PM

the guardian came through the pawnshop I work at and I snatched it up for 400 bucks

Posted By: JThoele

Re: Bowtech - 07/20/11 01:59 AM

Try telling my bowtech assassin that it is an "entry level" bow for beginners only...it is an expensive bow to shoot if you sling more than one arrow at the same spot on a target! Haven't had it long but have been counting coup on rabbits possum and hog this month.

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Bowtech - 07/21/11 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: JThoele
Try telling my bowtech assassin that it is an "entry level" bow for beginners only...it is an expensive bow to shoot if you sling more than one arrow at the same spot on a target! .

shot the assasian, it didn't seem "entry level" at all. reason I didn't buy the assassin was the dealer cut me a $200 lower price on the stud than the assasin.

Posted By: ctownboy

Re: Bowtech - 07/22/11 02:24 AM

I do like me some Bowtech.

Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Bowtech - 07/23/11 04:43 PM

I recently finished putting my Admiral together (brand new bow from '09) and like it fine. Now I'm new to the sport but time will tell. Got it rigged at Pigeon Road Archery in Stephenville.

Posted By: wkh2213

Re: Bowtech - 07/26/11 03:51 AM

Shot the Deadeye over the weekend, HOLY COW!!!
now I can't decide between the d350 or it!

Posted By: Koenig

Re: Bowtech - 07/27/11 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: JThoele
Try telling my bowtech assassin that it is an "entry level" bow for beginners only...it is an expensive bow to shoot if you sling more than one arrow at the same spot on a target! Haven't had it long but have been counting coup on rabbits possum and hog this month.

It might be there best value but it is not a beginner only bow.

Posted By: BowStalker

Re: Bowtech - 07/27/11 11:11 AM

I shoot a Bowtech Tribute ... Haven't had the need nor the desire to go out and try another bow .. My Tribute feels great in my hands .. shoots smooth .. and hits it mark 99% of the time (always human error :-) .. still as solid as the day I brought it home in '07.. the only way I'll ever try another bow is if I lose this one or it breaks beyond repair ..
now i'm not a name brand guy .. I shot a Hoyt before it broke .. (little garage mishap) so I went out and tried every bow I could get my hands on .. The Tribute fit all my needs and my style of shooting ... so far this Bowtech bow has been everything i need in a bow ... so whos to say what brand/ or bow I will be shooting if this bow ever needs to be replaced. But for now .. Bowtech gets my vote !

Posted By: slimpickens

Re: Bowtech - 07/28/11 02:18 PM

I just bought the assassin a couple weeks ago and love it. I was going to get the dest.350 but we shot both of them threw the crono. with same arrow and there was not a big difference in FPS. and the assassin just felt better to me.

Posted By: Txhoghunter

Re: Bowtech - 07/29/11 03:57 AM

I won an Invasion and sold my Monster...love them both, but that bowtech is so much lighter and doesnt run away like the monster will do if you relax on it.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum