Texas Hunting Forum

what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA?

Posted By: Erathkid

what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/10/11 10:16 PM

Just wondering about how many people would like to hunt Lewisville lake,right now it is closed to all hunting.Just trying to put some numbers together,the deer population has exploded and the hogs just recently moved in.As always money is tight,looking at ways to possibly generate revenue.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/10/11 11:34 PM

$100 first 5 years $20 after that

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/10/11 11:55 PM

HAhaha,BOBO you're funny,but I'm thinking maybe $50 to enter,number of hunters would be decided by biologist,maybe another$50 if drawn,you would earn points for next season if not drawn first season.Total of 2000 acres below dam.I talked to the biologist this weekend,he is a personal friend.We're just trying to figure out logistics.Thanks for your response.Deer surveys may be in the works!

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/12/11 03:15 AM

Some great deer down there... Just make sure it's a very limited draw

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/12/11 03:18 AM

I was serious about the 100... Some very nice deer down there and you would be surprised what some on would pay to enter... But being that it's only 2k it will be hard to keep it a trophy area for an extend time frame

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/12/11 09:28 PM

Thanks BOBO,we were thinking probably no more 10 bucks total,10 doe,there are lots of deer there now,even spreading across 121 into Carrollton.Some areas would be off limits right by the dam.They are also looking to restore native bobwhite quail.We probably need to mirror something like Grapevine or Benbrook and I really dont know what their average harvest numbers are but thats what we'll be trying to find out.20 deer sounds like a lot but I've seen as many as 9 deer in one group,and of course hunter success is more limited with bow.Anyone else care to chime in?SURVEY SAYS-9 out of 10 deer surveyed said they did not want to be hunted.

Posted By: TAT

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/12/11 11:42 PM

sounds good so far! keep us posted on whats going on.

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/12/11 11:55 PM

Will do.

Posted By: ChickenWilly

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/18/11 12:24 PM

That would be awesome! Def keep us posted

Posted By: swamp donkey

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/19/11 03:51 PM

I would definately be interested. Would one need an APH permit to hunt there or just register with Corps of Engineers like at Grapevine?

Posted By: Hard Knocks

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/19/11 06:10 PM

Keep us posted,Im def interested

Posted By: Rebel.

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/19/11 06:41 PM

Sounds interesting, I would probably be in for a $50 draw. The more expensive it is, the less people that will enter, the better your chances are.

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/24/11 09:53 PM

This is all brand new to Llela,but I would suspect it would be like Grapevine,obviously its too late to implement this year but possibly by next season.I will keep posted,right now it's too hot to get out in the field for census work.

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/29/11 07:23 PM

\Good news,The corps has approved the plan,they will be going out on the 5 of july to conduct surveys,put out game cams,transect lines,spotlight,and generally check out the herd,needless to say I am pumped,they told my friend Ken(ken is the biologist at Llela)that they were going to ask him earlier about hunting there but they thought they might be some kind of PETA followers,NOT.Bass pro might be getting into the sponsor ship,not sure exactly what capacity yet though.Will keep everyone informed of progress and post some pics of deer when we get them.Bowhunting close to home,Whodathunk?Who said all government is bad?

Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/30/11 12:04 AM

$250 for a Doe. $5,000 for a 180 buck like Grapevine! laugh

Re: what would you pay to enter drawing for Deer at LLELA? - 06/30/11 04:12 PM

Rob,I have seen a couple of monsters running around out there,as BOBO stated before just keep the numbers in check and dont let it get shot out,If you look at google earth you will see that deer from Elm fork all the way to grapevine creek have the run of a lot of territory,most areas are off limits to hunting so there will always be large pockets of sanctuary.I think it would be pretty much impossible to shoot it out with bowhunting only IMO.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum