Texas Hunting Forum

What’s this AR worth?

Posted By: dsniper

What’s this AR worth? - 11/19/22 07:23 PM

I haven’t shopped for an AR in so long I don’t know what the market value would be. I bought this for coyote hunting, but I prefer my old 243 for some unknown reason. Maybe 100 rounds down the barrel. I’m not sure if I want to part with the AR, but I’d still like to know a value. Let me know if I forgot an important spec. Thanks in advance.

Aero Precision lower
RRA 2 Stage trigger
YHM light weight forearm
20” fluted and chrome lined YHM 5.56 barrel
Burris PEPR scope mount
Scope not included.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 204AR

Re: What’s this AR worth? - 11/19/22 08:45 PM

It seems like the only thing inflation hasn't affected much is AR prices, probably because of all the cheap options out there. The other issue is the constant evolution of parts and accessories. I'm still rocking round float tubes, but my rifles are kind of dinosaurs lol. Barrel unthreaded might hurt with the popularity of suppressors now.

I'm just going to say $500 or so, maybe more to the right person. Probably not what you wanted to hear.
Posted By: howl

Re: What’s this AR worth? - 11/19/22 09:27 PM

Price of comparable parts *.75 is a good rule of thumb. I don't think ARs are worth the trouble of selling outside of a panic.
Posted By: TAB

Re: What’s this AR worth? - 11/19/22 09:41 PM

You can buy a whole psa ar15 basic carbine for $400 today..
$500 for a parts gun is a reach.. it is what it is flooded market of ar’s for sure
Posted By: dsniper

Re: What’s this AR worth? - 11/19/22 11:52 PM

Thanks for the info. This is what I afraid had happened. It’ll make a fine truck gun.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: What’s this AR worth? - 11/20/22 11:28 AM

Yeah Id guess $450 but would be a stretch. Most folks want collapsible stocks, 16” or less barrels, and YHM isnt highly sought after. Id just keep it for now.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: What’s this AR worth? - 11/20/22 11:54 AM

You could get $500 for it face to face if you took it to a show.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum