Texas Hunting Forum

Texas Rangers Commerative Set

Posted By: Slick Head

Texas Rangers Commerative Set - 10/30/22 11:29 PM

So, I recently purchased this Winchester Commerative Set
All from 1973

1.) Winchester Model 94 Carbine 30-30 with original box & factory wooden case unfired 16 of 150
2.) Smith & Wesson 19-3 357 with matching Knife in factory original wooden box
3.) Daisy matching BB PISTOLS
4.) Daisy lever action BB Rifle

Looking for someone or a collector to give me idea what they think this set may be worth.

Feel free to text or call if you have any insight or expertise with these sets 254 7one7 48one9

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Texas Rangers Commerative Set - 10/31/22 12:22 AM

Help us out what did you pay for it?

In the collectable world I've always been told if something was made to be a collectable don't buy it.

Don't get me wrong these are very nice items.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Texas Rangers Commerative Set - 10/31/22 12:29 AM

Commemorative Winchesters are less than half the value of an equal NIB gun from the same era. I see these sell for 700-800 at auction frequently. That's just the rifle though.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Texas Rangers Commerative Set - 10/31/22 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by angus1956
In the collectable world I've always been told if something was made to be a collectable don't buy it.

This right here ^^^

Nice wall hangers and presentation pieces for sure but not meant for regular shooting.

Re: Texas Rangers Commerative Set - 10/31/22 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Commemorative Winchesters are less than half the value of an equal NIB gun from the same era. I see these sell for 700-800 at auction frequently. That's just the rifle though.

I think that a regular 94 is selling for 750 without the commerative factor and you don't see many carbines or at least I don't.

Help us out what did you pay for it?
I bought in a collection of a 80 guns. I paid enough to bring it home.
Posted By: ralph

Re: Texas Rangers Commerative Set - 11/01/22 12:15 AM

I was expecting Toby Harrah, Jeff Burroughs, Fergie Jenkins and Billy Martin...

Re: Texas Rangers Commerative Set - 11/01/22 12:31 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is just a couple of commeratives I saw tonight sale on proxibid

Thanks for everyone's input.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Texas Rangers Commerative Set - 11/01/22 09:09 AM

A coworker recently picked up two Winchester commemorative 94s new in the box. One was a 38-55 and the other was a 44-40. One octagon one round. I don’t remember what they were other than one for an Indian and had brass buttons all over it. He was asking 11-1200 each. Took him 3 months to sell them and he eventually traded them. No cash. I know that’s not much help but they’re hard to move at that price.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Texas Rangers Commerative Set - 11/01/22 11:21 AM

Why ask us if you can look it up?

Anyway, most commeratives are worth less than an original, non-weird models. 99% of buyers don't want the colors and lettering of such. You might get more for the entire set than the individual items are worth separately though.

Re: Texas Rangers Commerative Set - 11/01/22 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by wp75169
A coworker recently picked up two Winchester commemorative 94s new in the box. One was a 38-55 and the other was a 44-40. One octagon one round. I don’t remember what they were other than one for an Indian and had brass buttons all over it. He was asking 11-1200 each. Took him 3 months to sell them and he eventually traded them. No cash. I know that’s not much help but they’re hard to move at that price.

Chief Crazy Horse was the 38-55 just sold the one I got in this group for $1600 had the box and sleeve which adds value IMO
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum