Texas Hunting Forum

Wait, what?

Posted By: T Bone

Wait, what? - 08/29/22 12:01 PM

Ended last night but I didn’t see the price until this morning.. Wow-

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/942617974
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Wait, what? - 08/29/22 12:16 PM

Dang. I have the 28, 20 and 12. My grandpa had all four in Skeet-B models but my methhead uncle pawned them in the 80s. Grandpa was able to get three back.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Wait, what? - 08/29/22 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by TexFlip
... but my methhead uncle pawned them in the 80s.

So many families have a similar story. Very sad.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Wait, what? - 08/29/22 01:18 PM

Cool gun, but not THAT cool. Probably someone completing his "set" in all gauges
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Wait, what? - 08/29/22 01:35 PM

There's been a few of these "Wait, what?" deals that I have seen on GB in the last year. A Marlin 336 that went a few months ago for an ungodly number. I saw a Coonan that went for over $5200 a few weeks ago. And there were a few others that left me scratching my head. It's an auction site. If you get two people that are really interested in a particular gun, and those two people think the gun is worth more money for whatever reason, than you can end up with some ridiculous prices. All it takes is two people, mix in some strong buying emotions, and viola!
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Wait, what? - 08/29/22 02:18 PM

That’s stupid.
Posted By: 10mmillie

Re: Wait, what? - 08/29/22 05:47 PM

Crazy
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Wait, what? - 08/29/22 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
There's been a few of these "Wait, what?" deals that I have seen on GB in the last year. A Marlin 336 that went a few months ago for an ungodly number. I saw a Coonan that went for over $5200 a few weeks ago. And there were a few others that left me scratching my head. It's an auction site. If you get two people that are really interested in a particular gun, and those two people think the gun is worth more money for whatever reason, than you can end up with some ridiculous prices. All it takes is two people, mix in some strong buying emotions, and viola!

I’ve watched a few that I’m betting involved shill bidding.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Wait, what? - 08/30/22 02:44 AM

Artificially inflating the market. There was a crew on eBay years ago that would bid on the items they had listed under different user names. We f course they ran the price up and never paid themselves for it. They would either have another item listed worth less, but they would get more than usual because they played on peoples emotions.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Wait, what? - 08/30/22 11:18 AM

Same ballpark price for a similar gun was discussed here a couple months ago because of an argument on the relative value of an 1100 in .410 bore.
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Wait, what? - 08/30/22 02:51 PM

I suspect some of these crazy prices on auction sites are money laundering.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Wait, what? - 08/30/22 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
Same ballpark price for a similar gun was discussed here a couple months ago because of an argument on the relative value of an 1100 in .410 bore.

I watch 1100 Sporting 28 & 410’s pretty close. They’ve been in the $1800-2300 range for a while on GB. I haven’t seen anything even approaching this number..
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: Wait, what? - 08/30/22 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
I suspect some of these crazy prices on auction sites are money laundering.

I may have missed some sarcasm here, but I don't see how it would be a viable laundering operation 3-4k at a time on an auction sight. Just seems to me there got to be an easier way to do it, laundry matt's and ice machines that make 150k a month sounds better to me
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum