Texas Hunting Forum

Pocket carry a SA Hellcat?

Posted By: BearkatHunter2011

Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/22/22 05:11 PM

Currently front pocket carry a Kahr CW 380. Thinking of upgrading to a SA Hellcat just for 9mm and the extra rounds.

Anybody pocket carry one of these? I normally wear loose cinch jeans or cargo shorts.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/22/22 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by BearkatHunter2011
Currently front pocket carry a Kahr CW 380. Thinking of upgrading to a SA Hellcat just for 9mm and the extra rounds.

Anybody pocket carry one of these? I normally wear loose cinch jeans or cargo shorts.

What are your concerns?
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/22/22 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
Originally Posted by BearkatHunter2011

What are your concerns?

Besides the fact he's wearing cargo shorts? smile ani
Posted By: Inge0071

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/22/22 06:46 PM

How long does it take you get the gun out and up?

The Hellcat will print in jeans. In cargo shorts, the weight bouncing around your knee/groin as you walk has driven lesser men insane.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/22/22 07:34 PM

I would recommend a Sig P365 over the Hellcat. I just swapped my Hellcat for a Sig and wish I had done it sooner. Sig weighs less than your existing Kahr, has a 10+1 capacity, and is much easier to shoot than the Springfield.

Just my opinion, of course.
Posted By: 65x55

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/22/22 08:06 PM

I pocket carry my P365 occasionally. The flush fit 10 round is the best fit but the 12 round is doable and I usually just keep the 12 in all the time. I can actually draw slightly faster from my DeSantis pocket holster than my IWB holster. I think not having to lift shirt helps. I have thought about getting a Beretta Tomcat for times when I need something ultra concealable.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/23/22 03:28 AM

Non related but since others have commented

I’ve had a lot of them

The Sig 365 series is hard to beat

And out of nowhere it came, reminds me of the Ruger American

Solid, nothing fancy, price point is solid, shoots

Blew Glocks doors off and that ain’t no joke
Posted By: BigRon

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/23/22 04:22 AM

I pocket carry the P365 with a P365XL grip frame every day, 365 a year. I wear wrangler jeans and have a seamstress add 1-1/2" to the RS pocket's depth on all my jeans.

My previous pocket carry was J frame or a Ruger LCR. It's a subjective thing, but I feel like the P365 carries better and is more unobtrusive for me.

The Hellcat would probably conceal about the same.
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/23/22 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by BigRon
I pocket carry the P365 with a P365XL grip frame every day, 365 a year. I wear wrangler jeans and have a seamstress add 1-1/2" to the RS pocket's depth on all my jeans.

My previous pocket carry was J frame or a Ruger LCR. It's a subjective thing, but I feel like the P365 carries better and is more unobtrusive for me.

The Hellcat would probably conceal about the same.

Mind blown, I've never considered having my pocket lengthened, this sounds awesome
Posted By: BigRon

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/23/22 02:52 PM

[Linked Image]

An older lady in North Richland Hills, Alterations by Elena, lengthens my pockets. I think she charges about $10. And I don't wear my jeans too tight.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/23/22 09:45 PM

I carry mine in a "Stick It" holster, then in my pocket. Works fine. Drawing is flawless. Re-holstering, you need to take Stick-It out of your pocket a re-holster

I'll try and snap a few pictures
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/24/22 02:41 PM

I pocket carry a g19 so I can't imagine the hellcat being an issue.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/24/22 02:51 PM

I just stick a sticky holster(p365) in my waistline, jeans, dress pants, shorts, and biking shorts.

No issues.

I tried pocket carry, I find the weight to annoy me.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/24/22 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I carry mine in a "Stick It" holster, then in my pocket. Works fine. Drawing is flawless. Re-holstering, you need to take Stick-It out of your pocket a re-holster

I'll try and snap a few pictures

Sticky Holster, Thanks BoBo
Posted By: DeckArtist

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/29/22 12:48 PM

I have done it when I had the Hellcat and the 11 round flush mag in cargo shorts. It does print, but that's not a huge issue because I have my wallet in the cargo pocket just below it.

I now have a P938 and it carries better than any other I have had in the pocket. Only thing bad about it is the four rounds less capacity [I carry with the 7 round mag], but I have a second mag in a leatherman soft case on my belt. I figure 15 total rounds will get me to the truck where my Canik C-100 rides ready.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Pocket carry a SA Hellcat? - 07/29/22 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by blkt2
I pocket carry a g19 so I can't imagine the hellcat being an issue.

You’ve got full sized pockets!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum