Texas Hunting Forum

Wait times..

Posted By: jrfan

Wait times.. - 03/10/22 12:43 AM

April 20 will be one full year since my check was cashed. I know wait times are ridiculous, but does this seem right?
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Wait times.. - 03/10/22 12:50 AM

Just saw this on another forum. So yeah it's not out of the normal.

Form 4 Trust (1 responsible party)
Submitted: February 08, 2021
Pending: March 17, 2021
Approved: February 09, 2022
Received: March 05, 2022
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Wait times.. - 03/10/22 12:52 AM

12+ months is the norm for a Form 4

Re: Wait times.. - 03/10/22 01:07 AM

Ok, but a little disappointing though.

Re: Wait times.. - 03/10/22 01:38 PM

In what regard? It's been this way for a LONG time. It's the government...what do you expect? They take your money with a quickness but are in no hurry to approve your paperwork. Their equipment is antique at best and their staff is minimal. Embrace the suck; good luck!
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Wait times.. - 03/10/22 02:06 PM

I got my first one in 10 months. My 2nd has been in jail since late April 2021. It's sort of a helpless feeling if you ask me.
Posted By: Texican

Re: Wait times.. - 03/10/22 03:43 PM

Wish I could quit looking for an update on mine, but I can't. And I probably have until at least August still...
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Wait times.. - 03/10/22 09:23 PM

3yrs ago 15months
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Wait times.. - 03/11/22 12:28 AM

Unreasonable wait times, we need a lobby to represent us

Until then, lifetime of bs
Posted By: DeRico

Re: Wait times.. - 03/11/22 03:53 AM

Sounds right, when did you purchase? I purchased mine April fools day last year.

Re: Wait times.. - 03/11/22 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by DeRico
Sounds right, when did you purchase? I purchased mine April fools day last year.

Have you received it yet?? I purchased April 6th, check was cashed on the 20th.

Re: Wait times.. - 03/11/22 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by jrfan
Originally Posted by DeRico

Have you received it yet?? I purchased April 6th, check was cashed on the 20th.

Nothing yet. I’m reading 11 month turn around time, will be hitting 11 months soon.
Posted By: ratdog

Re: Wait times.. - 03/11/22 09:32 PM

My check was cashed 12 months ago. Still waiting
Posted By: Giblett

Re: Wait times.. - 03/11/22 09:52 PM

My daughter said they had their first e file approval today . Filed on 12-30.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Wait times.. - 03/12/22 01:09 AM

I would want to puke if I have/had to wait 12 months plus like you guys. That sux!!!! Which is probably why I never did it before.

I purchased on 12/18 and submitted by e file on 2/9. I am expecting to see it by the end of May. I hope. We will see. The Biden mob might figure out someway to sabotage the system and stall for a year or so. Who knows what these corrupt politicians will make the ATF do.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Wait times.. - 03/12/22 02:14 AM

Bought 2 back in November that went paper no clue when I'll get those. I've tried to certify my first efile the last 2 days but Silencer Shop's website is Fubar.
Posted By: HandgunHTR

Re: Wait times.. - 03/12/22 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by procraft05
Unreasonable wait times, we need a lobby to represent us

Until then, lifetime of bs

There is a group that is lobbying at both the state and federal level. The American Suppressor Association. I had the pleasure of hunting with their Executive Leadership group last year. Great group of folks from all over the country.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Wait times.. - 03/12/22 03:52 AM

ASA web site.
Posted By: TxPigKiller

Re: Wait times.. - 03/12/22 04:24 AM

Best I ever did was 10 months for an individual application and 14 months for a trust. Still waiting for the stamp from latest purchase in January of last year. My biggest fear with the current economic conditions is the company I purchased from going out of business before my application is approved. And by the way I think the phrase go Brandon is an insult to men everywhere...it should be go Brenda!!!
Posted By: TxPigKiller

Re: Wait times.. - 03/13/22 06:23 PM

I got a PM asking to explain why it should be Brenda rather than Brandon and thought I'd share on the forum. Look up the definition of queefing and it should be obvious. hammer
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Wait times.. - 03/13/22 06:48 PM

My eFile was approved in 36 calendar days.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Wait times.. - 03/13/22 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Does that mean, you had yours in 36 days?

Mine efile was done Jan 28, haven't heard anything
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Wait times.. - 03/13/22 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by procraft05

Does that mean, you had yours in 36 days?

Mine efile was done Jan 28, haven't heard anything

Form 1, Form 4, Tax Return???? More info.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Wait times.. - 03/13/22 08:06 PM

Bought several in December of 2020, had them in 6.75 months. They were not my first ones and also used LLC to purchase.

Re: Wait times.. - 03/14/22 05:32 PM

My cousin is still waiting, 12 months since check cashed about 13 months since purchase.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Wait times.. - 03/14/22 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by DocHorton
Bought several in December of 2020, had them in 6.75 months. They were not my first ones and also used LLC to purchase.

Using LLC is different than using a trust how?
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Wait times.. - 03/15/22 02:10 PM

They took that long to deny mine and stick me back at the end of the line.

What dealer did you purchase from?
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Wait times.. - 03/15/22 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by DocHorton

Using LLC is different than using a trust how?

No trust paperwork, only Certificate of Formation from Texas Secretary of State. Typically quicker and easier on approvals. Less requirements for adding or subtracting folks from the LLC so you can easily change who can have possession.

Posted By: TxYoteHunter

Re: Wait times.. - 03/16/22 01:16 PM

I ordered on January 4, 2021 and in hand on October 12th. Mine was under a Trust.

Re: Wait times.. - 04/15/22 11:36 AM

Picked mine up yesterday. 371 days.
Posted By: roberd

Re: Wait times.. - 05/22/22 12:50 AM

Filled out initial paperwork for 2 cans on 10/18/21, check cashed 11/15/21, got the call this morning that both stamps were in.
Posted By: HicksHunter

Re: Wait times.. - 05/22/22 12:53 PM

That's wild for a paper form. Lucky guy!

Re: Wait times.. - 05/22/22 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by roberd
Filled out initial paperwork for 2 cans on 10/18/21, check cashed 11/15/21, got the call this morning that both stamps were in.

Wow.....maybe they are working backwards. I am coming up on 12 months since purchase.

Re: Wait times.. - 08/16/22 07:39 PM

Anyone having any luck (paper)?

Purchase 6/30/2021
Tax stamp cashed 8/5/2021
Still waiting.....
Posted By: Spongecop

Re: Wait times.. - 08/16/22 07:51 PM

son got his yesterday, purchased August 8, 2021

Re: Wait times.. - 08/16/22 07:57 PM

Good for him.

I am growing a bit restless. Can they come back at this point and ask for new fingerprints or something? (I guess they can do whatever they want.) Just not sure what is taking so long. confused2
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Wait times.. - 08/16/22 08:10 PM

The process is intentionally slow to discourage applicants.

Re: Wait times.. - 08/16/22 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Texican
Good for him.

I am growing a bit restless. Can they come back at this point and ask for new fingerprints or something? (I guess they can do whatever they want.) Just not sure what is taking so long. confused2

The liberals are in NO hurry to give you anything but they will take your money with a quickness! Embrace the suck my friend.

Re: Wait times.. - 08/16/22 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Good for him.

The liberals are in NO hurry to give you anything but they will take your money with a quickness! Embrace the suck my friend.

I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. Just need to find a way to keep my mind off of it for a bit longer...
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Wait times.. - 08/16/22 09:23 PM

Took me 14 months for the last one.

Re: Wait times.. - 08/16/22 09:23 PM

Good for him.

I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. Just need to find a way to keep my mind off of it for a bit longer...

The introduction of the Efile form 4's caused a slow down in the paper form4's. ATF has now worked the bugs out of the eFile system and are going back to clear out the paper f4's. Once those are all out of the system we should see a resumption of the 70-90 day eFile processing times.

If it helps you feel better call them and if they say it's still processing you are fine...just have to wait.

Re: Wait times.. - 08/16/22 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Spongecop
Good for him.

The introduction of the Efile form 4's caused a slow down in the paper form4's. ATF has now worked the bugs out of the eFile system and are going back to clear out the paper f4's. Once those are all out of the system we should see a resumption of the 70-90 day eFile processing times.

If it helps you feel better call them and if they say it's still processing you are fine...just have to wait.

I called today and they told me it is still in pending status. They said they are averaging 12 months on the paper.
confused2

At this point, just hoping to have it for hunting season.

Re: Wait times.. - 08/16/22 09:45 PM

paper f4's have reduced from 400+ days to just under 365 so they are making slow improvements as they clear them out. its hard but be patient...will be here before you know it.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Wait times.. - 08/16/22 09:53 PM

think the FBI, threw them all in a dumpster bolt
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum