Texas Hunting Forum

Timney or Trigger Tech

Posted By: wolfehunter

Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/21/22 03:12 AM

What trigger you like best and why? Remington 700
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/21/22 03:20 AM

They’re both great. Comes down to preference.

I like “The Hit” in my 30-06 slightly better than th TT primary in my .223. The timney has a very slight amount of overtravel, which I prefer.

Both are great and I really can’t complain either way.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/21/22 03:23 AM

I prefer Timneys in the Remington 700 for one reason...the bolt stop is made of a stiffer steel than the bolt stop on the Triggertech.

The one Triggertech Primary I tried had a superior feeling trigger than the Timney, but the bolt stop actuator on the Triggertech trigger flexed so badly it would not lift the bolt stop. I have never had that problem with a Timney.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/21/22 03:30 AM

I have a jewel trigger that I really like but dang it’s almost twice the cost of the others! Just trying to decide.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/21/22 04:16 AM

Have both a jewell and timney calvin elite. I like the Timney better.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/21/22 05:11 AM

Bix-nAndy or Trigger Tech for me
Posted By: Judd

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/21/22 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by DStroud
Bix-nAndy or Trigger Tech for me

^^^ x2

Most come down to the trigger shoe you like and if you like the jewel, buy another one…they are thinner than about anything out there.
Posted By: Blanco

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/21/22 11:12 AM

I have both on different 700s... If I was going to buy another right now it would probably be a Trigger Tech.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/21/22 01:11 PM

Trigger tech Diamond , straight trigger
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/21/22 01:34 PM

I have a Timney in my Remington 700 Police and I love it. I can't comment on Trigger Tech.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/21/22 02:21 PM

Ran several Timneys, Jewel, Trigger Tech, etc..

In my 700 clone rifle (Defiant Deviant action) I have a Trigger Tech and love it.
Feels like the Jewel but haven't heard of any issues with them whatsoever.

I was told by Trigger Tech that there is ZERO difference in the models and to choose the one that fits your desired poundage.
I have the one that goes down to 2lbs
Posted By: TAB

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/22/22 12:06 AM

If your happy with 1 pound then trigger techs are good
They don’t make advertised weight. I’ve had 2 that haven’t gone below 10oz and both were diamonds

Jewell easily gets under 1 pound, I have mostly Jewell triggers and my preference is to be around 3 ounces

BixnAndy is excellent, Huber, Flavio all excellent under 1 pound triggers

Nothing wrong with the trigger techs, they feel clunky compared to a Jewell or any of the others to me.

Triggers are personal preference and folks have lots of thoughts on them like what oil you should run in your truck..
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/22/22 12:55 AM

Used to buy Timney, and still say they are good triggers.

The last ten triggers I've bought, have been Trigger Tech. I have a "Diamond" in my .300 Norma Mag, under one pound.

I won't pay money for a Jewel. Seen way too many, for way too many years, get dirty and stop working. If the trigger is broke down, the rifle is broke down.
Posted By: dee

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/22/22 01:13 AM

Between those 2 a trigger tech. That being said I've seen every brand trigger break and still choose to run a jewel as mine have only died to a pierced primer which isn't the triggers fault. Between a friend and myself we have over 30 and 2 have died because of primers thats it.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/22/22 03:53 AM

Timney because ‘Murica instead of Oh Canada
Posted By: Greg

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/22/22 04:06 AM

I’m real pleased with Trigger Tech. Never had a Timney

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/23/22 02:09 AM

Guess I’ll try the Timney
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/23/22 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by TAB
If your happy with 1 pound then trigger techs are good
They don’t make advertised weight. I’ve had 2 that haven’t gone below 10oz and both were diamonds

Jewell easily gets under 1 pound, I have mostly Jewell triggers and my preference is to be around 3 ounces

BixnAndy is excellent, Huber, Flavio all excellent under 1 pound triggers

Nothing wrong with the trigger techs, they feel clunky compared to a Jewell or any of the others to me.

Triggers are personal preference and folks have lots of thoughts on them like what oil you should run in your truck..

I will second this re Trigger Tech. I have the "Special" which is advertised to go down to 1 lb but mine will only go down to a bit over 2 lbs. Very disappointed in that respect. For the money, I'll go Timney next time. Been happy with the last two I've had.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Timney or Trigger Tech - 01/23/22 11:42 AM

I can't offer a comparison, but I can share my own positive experience with the 3 Timney's I've installed and used. They're at a decent price, install easily and do what I want them to do very well. I installed one in a 700, one in a 600 and another in my AR. These are all hunting rifles that see a lot of use, and all I want out of the trigger is a consistency and a weight of about 2 lbs.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum